Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel: An Avengers Video Game Will Come "When We Have the Right Partner"

Marvel Games' TQ Jefferson says that an Avengers game isn't in the pipeline, and will happen when the studio finds the right developer.

Full article here.

All-New Member

That's a great attitude to take, really. Certainly better than mountains of shovelware.

... so hey how about while you wait for "the right partner" you get Capcom working on a Marvel Vs. Capcom 4, yeah? Then we all win.

Quote Originally Posted by spikepoint View Post
    That's a great attitude to take, really. Certainly better than mountains of shovelware.

... so hey how about while you wait for "the right partner" you get Capcom working on a Marvel Vs. Capcom 4, yeah? Then we all win.
    Couldn't agree more. They certainly need great developers who know and respect the source material, and are willing to back it with enough money to make it a worthy AAA+ project.

There are a few developers I have in mind, but why not seek out, if possible at least, one of the most critically acclaimed and beloved studios who have already proven themselves three times over in, Rocksteady who claim the next Arkham game will be the last?

Maybe they'll be free to pick up different licenses, and I'd like more than just Avengers to get a AAA+ project. X-Men anyone? Cosmic Marvel and the Annihilation story anyone?

LOL yes please
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

BANNED

Is that the same MvC, where they had Doc Strange standing as the same size as the Hulk? Yeah, more of that, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    Couldn't agree more. They certainly need great developers who know and respect the source material, and are willing to back it with enough money to make it a worthy AAA+ project.

There are a few developers I have in mind, but why not seek out, if possible at least, one of the most critically acclaimed and beloved studios who have already proven themselves three times over in, Rocksteady who claim the next Arkham game will be the last?

Maybe they'll be free to pick up different licenses, and I'd like more than just Avengers to get a AAA+ project. X-Men anyone? Cosmic Marvel and the Annihilation story anyone?
    I don't know, Marvel seems to be pretty reluctant to do anything involving X-Men. Comics' quality is a roller coaster and there haven't been any news about animated X-Men when Marvel has done 2 Avengers cartoons and Spidey and Hulk cartoons. And X-Men games haven't received any better scores from critics from what I've heard so Marvel doing them before Avengers is unlikely.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

They just need to get Platinum games to make a Wolverine game that plays like Metal Gear Rising

I'd like to see another Marvel Alliance console game.

Spider-Prime's Only Fan Spider-Prime's Avatar

nah, we have enough Marvel RPGs. I want some awesome action games with a decent challenge to them like Platinum games have.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like to see another Marvel Alliance console game.
    Wooooooord.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I honestly would love it if we just got a Marvel Fighting Game without Capcom or EA characters I don't give two hoots about taking up space. Something akin to Injustice, perhaps. LEGO Marvel was an amazing game so I think it is possible to do great takes on Marvel, but they need to consider how to approach games, maybe consider giving them to a well founded developer. I was thinking last night that given how great Telltale are doing with their takes on Fables and Walking Dead that I would love to see them tackle a Marvel or DC property with the same story branching and tough choices. I would also love, especially given he's about to get his TV show, a Daredevil game - Marvel needs to let the heroes who haven't had their chance at games seriously a chance.

I know it got a lot of slack from some people and it was not a perfect game but I did really love X-Men Destiny, the idea of crafting your own mutant and their alliegences and such. The problem lay in the rather predictable story and poor usage of characters, like why did Pixie, a Welsh Mutant, have an American accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    Pretty sure WB owns Rocksteady outright, so I doubt they would allow them to make a game for one of their competitors.

An "Avengers" game would be difficult though due to the genre mashups.

TT Games is owned by WB Interactive and they were able to release LEGO Marvel, so they might be able to reach a similar agreement with another developer owned by Warner. LEGO Marvel vs. DC would be pretty darn cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Prime View Post
    They just need to get Platinum games to make a Wolverine game that plays like Metal Gear Rising
    Just the bare thought makes me begin to drool.

Amazing Member

I'm a huge Marvel fan vs. DC. But when it comes to comic book video games (or cartoons) DC blows away Marvel. The DC Online MMO is amazing. I tried playing the Marvel Universe Online MMO...pretty boring game.

I was really hoping that Bioware was going to create a Marvel MMO. I love the Star Wars The Old Republic (as well Dragon Age).

Marvel games are known for being terrible. I was hoping the Disney (& Star Wars) connections would help with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorionthei View Post
    Marvel games are known for being terrible. I was hoping the Disney (& Star Wars) connections would help with that.
    This is just plain untrue and short sighted. Marvel has never been known for making terrible games and this thought is something you very likely came up with seeing the quality of the Arkham games from Rocksteady and DC compared to Marvels more recent showings, outside of Lego Marvel at least.

Now, that's not to say they haven't had a few terrible games, especially in this era of games, but they have a ton of classic games that are still great to this day. It's funny actually, because DC was actually thought to have had the worst games back then, and now the best in the Arkham series, with Marvel having terrible ones with the Spider-Man games, outside of maybe Shattered Dimensions.