Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thorionthei View Post
    I'm a huge Marvel fan vs. DC. But when it comes to comic book video games (or cartoons) DC blows away Marvel. The DC Online MMO is amazing. I tried playing the Marvel Universe Online MMO...pretty boring game.

I was really hoping that Bioware was going to create a Marvel MMO. I love the Star Wars The Old Republic (as well Dragon Age).

Marvel games are known for being terrible. I was hoping the Disney (& Star Wars) connections would help with that.
    The only thing Marvel is beating DC in at the moment, is the movies. THAT'S IT.

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael Edwards View Post
    This is just plain untrue and short sighted. Marvel has never been known for making terrible games and this thought is something you very likely came up with seeing the quality of the Arkham games from Rocksteady and DC compared to Marvels more recent showings, outside of Lego Marvel at least.

Now, that's not to say they haven't had a few terrible games, especially in this era of games, but they have a ton of classic games that are still great to this day. It's funny actually, because DC was actually thought to have had the worst games back then, and now the best in the Arkham series, with Marvel having terrible ones with the Spider-Man games, outside of maybe Shattered Dimensions.
    I bet to differ: In addition to the Arkham movies, DC has Injustice, which is ruling the fighting genre right now. Not to mention Scribblenauts, the Lego Games, DCUO, and Infinite Crisis.

In the meantime, Marvel has already admitted here, that they don't have a video game gameplan, and clearly won't have one anytime soon. Hell, Disney even dropped the ball on the Star Wars games, which was going on perfectly fine, until Disney came along and mucked that up.

The reality is, Marve and SW is Disney's only real saving grace (and even then, it's just in the movie format) They lost the animation crown years ago to the likes of Dreamworks. Disney has never really been in the video game business, so they are sitting there scratching their heads, trying to figure out what to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by SAMURAI36 View Post
    The reality is, Marve and SW is Disney's only real saving grace (and even then, it's just in the movie format) They lost the animation crown years ago to the likes of Dreamworks.
    "Frozen becomes biggest animation in box office history".
    Yeah, right...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nukky View Post
    "Frozen becomes biggest animation in box office history".
    Yeah, right...
    Yeah, before that....? One successful movie in years, doesn't mean they took the crown back.

Marvel has had a lot of good video games. Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Marvel v. Capcom, X-Men Legends, several recent Spider-Man games. The Deadpool game which was released recently was a lot of fun. I would like to see Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 someday. The licensing rights must be a nightmare to figure out. I think there is a license for the "Marvel Universe" as a whole and then there are licenses for individual teams or characters, which is why there can be a Deadpool or Spider-Man solo game, and then there are games based on film or TV properties, and then there is the LEGO license. I guess Playdom must currently hold the Marvel Universe license since they have the Marvel Avengers Alliance game on Facebook. I'm guessing that what Disney is actually waiting on is for the Playdom license to expire.

Playdom is a Disney company.

I've seen people mention Platinum. It does my heart good to see that. (It won't happen but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who would love to see Platinum make a Marvel game.)

Astonishing Member

I assumed they were just saying they want more money than is being offered.