Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by kosarev View Post
    It's exactly the same case. Changing a character's sexuality with years of backstory without making any sense to pander to an extreme minority.

And I would like to know when will be enough representation, taking into account they are an extreme minority. We don't have any orthodox Jewish superhero in comics, do they deserve one? And Tamils? And Kurds? I would say there are quite a lot of LGBT heroes already, and the focus should be in other people first (I would say Africa, Asia and South America have it worse on that department).

Well technically MCU Cap doesn't have years of backstory...well okay he has like 6 years (didn't CA:FA come out in 2010?) of backstory but he isn't the same thing as comic book Cap. Just to be clear.

And who are an "extreme minority" (and in what sociopolitical context are you referring to? the US?)? The LGBT community? Or people who want Cap to date Bucky?

Just trying to see where the grounds for an argument against representation is coming from.

I agree with the other poster who wants Bucky and Cap to stay friends just because it represents a great example of male friendship. But alot of these arguments against it are just ridiculous as those who want to change the pairing...if not somewhat worse because of the other implications.
    Last edited by MaxMatrix; 05-26-2016 at 06:48 AM.