Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

Oh my god, again, the tag trending was not about Steve/Bucky. People were "pleading" for myriad options when it comes to Cap having a male love interest/boyfriend. And yet again only Bucky is mentioned here. I'd expect this kind of a bias and hijacking from a tumblrite shipper, not cbr.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Well then nothing will ever be resolved and we can look forwards to GLADD continuing to make insane suggestions rather than anything actually constructive then. Not much point moaning about it if that's going to be the case.
    Lol. Exactly, now you're getting it. I mean just look at the X-Men movies; the X-Men have multiple gay, lesbian and bisexual characters that they could include in their movies and the main director for the franchise identifies as bisexual himself but after all these movies there's still been 0 LGBT representation aside from a metaphorical coming-out for Iceman and a "don't ask, don't tell" joke from Beast.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by abominfication View Post
    Oh my god, again, the tag trending was not about Steve/Bucky. People were "pleading" for myriad options when it comes to Cap having a male love interest/boyfriend. And yet again only Bucky is mentioned here. I'd expect this kind of a bias and hijacking from a tumblrite shipper, not cbr.
    Yeah, Bucky isn't mentioned like...a thousand times here.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    By the same token, anybody who has creative control of a character can make changes to that character. Marvel owns the rights to Captain America. They can do whatever they want with him and you have no right as a fan to really tell them they can't make him gay just because someone who previously had creative control chose not too.

So it's their decision and people are free to advocate one position or another. Or like me say I am indifferent.
    By this logic if I'm writing a book with Wiccan in it and I decide to make him straight, for "creative reasons", then it's perfectly okay. We both know that's not how it would be perceived so let's not pretend.

Guess Cap's going to join Iceman........

i always thought tony stark was bi(in the MCU).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Lmao, Wiccan and Hulkling aren't showing up in any MCU movies. None of the gay characters from comics are popular enough to get into an MCU movie. And as people already stated in the thread about the Russo brother's comments, gay characters of any kind aren't going to show up in any MCU movies because of the inevitable backlash from the international box office.
    That is the old excuse we keep hearing when it comes to black films not getting made or green lighted.

Yet Kevin Hart films seem to do very well without the overseas market as do most black films.

If China doesn't want gays-you don't show Young Avengers there.

Or you can do what others have done make two versions.

Remember the 1984 Supergirl movie-there are 2 versions.

You remove all gay aspects from the film in one version and leave it in the other.

Who in that country would know Hulking is gay in the movie if they have a version of a film that doesn't say it?

Static Shock had a gay chracter-Richie Foley. The cartoon never confirmed it on air but McDuffie said he was. He just couldn't show it due to the show being for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i always thought tony stark was bi(in the MCU).
    That's 'Try-sexual' as in he's willing to 'try' anything.

Steve isn't someone I'd think of as coming out, though, unlike Iceman. Still, it's not like having him join Hydra.....
    Last edited by Gray Lensman; 05-25-2016 at 04:57 PM.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    By this logic if I'm writing a book with Wiccan in it and I decide to make him straight, for "creative reasons", then it's perfectly okay. We both know that's not how it would be perceived so let's not pretend.
    I was responding to the poster's logic by showing how his logic works both ways. If we are going by his logic then what you said would apply to his logic but the reason why the above would not be ok is because no one really goes by that poster's logic 100%. People bring up that kind of logic only when it favors their side of the argument which is what that poster did.

I already said I am indifferent to whether Cap is gay or straight. I am indifferent because I think there are enough straight characters out there that I don't particularly care if one is turned gay. However, there aren't a lot of LGBT characters out there so I would care if you took one of the few LGBT characters and turned them straight because you would be taking an underrepresented group and making them more underrepresented.
    Last edited by remydat; 05-25-2016 at 05:02 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Member in Disguise

Steve Rogers is Dumbledore confirmed.

/s
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

All-New Member

I feel like I'm the only one that expected the next Ant-Man movie to introduce the current Giant-Man -- a homosexual character that looks very much like one of the characters from the last movie.

Quote Originally Posted by remydat View Post
    I was responding to the poster's logic by showing how his logic works both ways. If we are going by his logic then what you said would apply to his logic but the reason why the above would not be ok is because no one really goes by that poster's logic 100%. People bring up that kind of logic only when it favors their side of the argument which is what that poster did.

I already said I am indifferent to whether Cap is gay or straight. I am indifferent because I think there are enough straight characters out there that I don't particularly care if one is turned gay. However, there aren't a lot of LGBT characters out there so I would care if you took one of the few LGBT characters and turned them straight because you would be taking an underrepresented group and making them more underrepresented.
    Sorry but that's a convenient way to have your cake an eat it too. I can change any character I want because there are a lot of straight white characters but you can't touch mine because they are so few and special. And while I am indifferent to cap becoming gay it doesn't lessen n how disappointing it might be to his fans to have to give up their favorite character to balance some imaginary scale.

Fantastic Member

I'd like to know how many people demanding Captain America be turned gay are currently spending their money on New Avengers.
    TeekVids <-- Check out the news every Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Teek View Post
    I'd like to know how many people demanding Captain America be turned gay are currently spending their money on New Avengers.
    New Avengers is mediocre, I don't blame anyone for not buying that.
    We need better comics

Mighty Member

Rogers is spoken for. Didn't everyone see him kiss Sharon Carter????