Default Lois Lane -fans take on the developments following New-52 Superman's death?

I just realized that I don't know what you - the hardcore Lois-fans, take on the death of N52 Superman is, and what it implies about his Lois?

Do you have any specific thoughts on how N52 Lois will become Superwoman from the energy-discharge, how that changes the character?

And most importantly - since one of the biggest theories right now is that DC is going to play a card with PostCrisis-Superman being the "real" Superman, and N52 being some sort of copy or fake - this would then most likely imply that N52's Lois can't be real either! Because PC is married to HIS Lois, and she's older than N52 Lois - if this implies that N52 Lois is some kind of... "Matrix"-like character, then what is your take on that?

Especially the part wherein it was revealed recently that New-52 Lois - Superwoman - is DYING from her new powers! Seems... similar to what happened to New-52 Superman.

Do you care? Or would you still be satisfied, with having a mostly classic Lois in the returned PC Lois?
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 05-25-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If they really are going with Superdad being THE superman for the rest of time till the next reaunch or whatever, I just can't see new 52 Lois existing past her superwoman book. The thing is though, I am sure there is more to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I just can't see new 52 Lois existing past her superwoman book.
    Lana also receives powers, but she is not dying, she has not replacement.. Is the same as with the previous superman.. I should have never thought that having repeated characters was a good thing ..I was stupid to think in the case of supergirl-powergirl

In the end I think it will not be worth reading that book... I think if I see his comic they will return to disappoint. This is like a last moment of glory.. for then KILL HER.. as n52 superman

The disease is here, AGAIN. to please old fans they will kill 2 times, I already hear stupidity of 2 lois, which confused.. you had to supergirl and powergirl and this is confusing? Is the same.. a younger woman and other more older, but the same character.

I'm sorry for Phil Jimenez .. but knowing the possible fate of the character, I think it will make your comic sells less.

OPTIMISM FOR REBIRTH? That's for anti-new 52 old fans.. Superman has started nothing optimistic
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-26-2016 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    Do you have any specific thoughts on how N52 Lois will become Superwoman from the energy-discharge, how that changes the character?
    This is one of the things that interests me most about Superwoman. Greg Rucka recently said something that gets at what I think will be one of the main conflicts for Lois with superpowers:

"Lois will not hesitate to run in where angels fear to tread. She will not. Lois is fearless. Diana is a warrior. There’s deliberation to her, and I think that may be the biggest difference. That’s not to say that Lois is not a deep thinker. She is. But I think Lois is somebody who has no fear of her passions, and has no fear of her convictions, and has no hesitation in pursuing either."

Lois is very impulsive and passionate. It's going to be difficult for her to master the kind of control that other superpowered heroes rely on to calibrate who to save and how to save them. That's why writing has always been the perfect weapon for Lois. I hope Superwoman actually underscores how important journalism is as a unique and powerful weapon by showing how much Lois is shaped by it and struggles with potentially losing it as an outlet.

And most importantly - since one of the biggest theories right now is that DC is going to play a card with PostCrisis-Superman being the "real" Superman, and N52 being some sort of copy or fake - this would then most likely imply that N52's Lois can't be real either! Because PC is married to HIS Lois, and she's older than N52 Lois - if this implies that N52 Lois is some kind of... "Matrix"-like character, then what is your take on that?
    I suppose if Superman wasn't "real," then Lois wasn't either. I'm not sure what that means she is, but I'm curious to find out! If New 52 ever comes back, then I assume Lois will stick around. If he doesn't, then Lois will either remain exclusively Superwoman or she'll die.

Do you care? Or would you still be satisfied, with having a mostly classic Lois in the returned PC Lois?
    As long as there is one Lois in comics and the other one dies heroically, then I'm good.