Astonishing Member

Default The loose threads of the New52

My memories of the New52 already started fading and I didn't follow every series - which means that I may be wrong. But there are a lot of plot points which were never fully developed within the New52. Here is a list, add more if you want.

1- The mysterious "they" Pandora referred to at the end of Flashpoint - the villains who broke in three parts the original timeline.

2- The fight which occurred between the Martian Manhunter and the JL, and prevented him from joining the team.

3- The mysterious foreshadowed by J'Onn when he said "they're not ready" (he referred to the heroes) - I don't remembers the issue, though.

4- The Trinity War. Boy oh boy, what a mess, loose threads everywhere. Just a couple come out of my mind, that is, why the Society created Dr Light and why the Society made Superman KILL Dr Light - but there are plenty more.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Incredible Member

I think DC Rebirth just answered #1. And #4 will likely be answered as we move forward into Rebirth and get more explanations on what the heck that was all about.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I'm wondering about The Gentry. In my small opinion they seemed to be a real huge threat. With my luck, we'll find out that the members of The Gentry are actually failed experiments of Dr. Manhattan trying to recreate the members of the Watchmen. I apologize if I offend anyone with that.

Dr manhattan is probably creating prime earth versions of the Watchmen which could include a prime earth Dr manhattan.