Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default LOOK: "DC Universe: Rebirth's" Big Return Debuts New Costume

The pinnacle character from "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 will don an all-new costume now that he's returned to the DC Universe.

Full article here.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    The pinnacle character from "DC Universe: Rebirth" #1 will don an all-new costume now that he's returned to the DC Universe.

Full article here.
    Not that it's going to stop me from reading Wally West, but that suit's chest area makes me gag. I know they were going for 'auto industry Keystone' but.... dear god no. Too heavy and a tad too close to women's lingerie.
    Otherwise like it a lot.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Could use a little more color, but I get where they're coming from. It's a direct middle ground between the current Flash and Kid Flash costumes.

Is Booth doing the artwork for Titans or did he just do the design for him? I'm going to get the series because, you know, Wally. But, man, I don't like Booth. That picture is hard to look at.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

I like it, mainly for the open cowl. Silver for yellow will take some getting used to but isn't that big a deal. In fact in a vacuum and taking away the iconic imagery connotations, this looks better than Nu-Wally's costume.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I love the silver and I love the open cowl.
    Cyclops was right

I'm sure booth is good at something

It's not drawing though

This is the costume that Wally should have always had. So much conflict could have been avoided if Wally had (as he claimed he intended) honored Barry instead of 'replacing' him. Putting on the dead man's costume and taking the dead guy's name... It's tough to really lay a claim to it. With Barry dead, I could get used to him being Flash... or Flash 2 or whatever, but in universe/character mentality... as soon as Barry came back, Wally needed to hand the identity back and come up with his own name. The tug of War just never made any sense.

I love the 'open cowl' concept, and the way it just symbolizes 'kid flash grown up'. It's an excellent design that screams 'Flash family' yet at the same time says 'Wally not Barry' to anyone flipping through a book.

The silver I can get used to... I personally would have made a blue/silver version like the Barry Clone in the 90's show... but I just like blue :P

I really don't like all the visual lightning effects all around him. That's something that I'm still not used to with Barry... I liked it a LOT better when that was just 'blur' from his gloves and belt then it was ACTUAL zig-zagging sparking lightning bolts... But that's an artist thing and not a costume thing. In fact with the stupid chin strap and all the yellow seams and light-piping on nu52 Barry's costume, I dare say I now like new Wally's costume better!

And I'd waited years to see classic Barry's costume again. Shame it didn't last much past Rebirth....

I like the new costume, but I think I prefer Reis take on it in the Rebirth final page poster.

Peace

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Hahahaha....apparently costumes in the Rebirth era cannot contain a lot of color except the primary color of the costume. We now have Superman Mostly Blue, And Wally Mostly Red West. Batman Gray....

If they keep going this route, they're going to have their own box of DC themed Crayola colors.

You know a drawing of a costume is bad when you've looked at it and still aren't sure what the costume looks like.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Could use a little more color, but I get where they're coming from. It's a direct middle ground between the current Flash and Kid Flash costumes.

Is Booth doing the artwork for Titans or did he just do the design for him? I'm going to get the series because, you know, Wally. But, man, I don't like Booth. That picture is hard to look at.
    He is doing the art. I don't know if anyone will agree with me, but he seems to be the rare artist who's better at doing interior art than covers and individual drawings. I think his interior art for Nightwing, Teen Titans, and the Flash looks better than this drawing and the solicited Titans covers.

I'm going to laugh my butt off if they give him the name "Flashpoint." Of course, no one would be stupid enough to do that...or would they?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Ugh Brett Booth....

Anyway, they should replace the silver with gold.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

This picture is weird.

Much prefer the other pictures we have seen of it (the big Rebirth cast picture and Titans #1's cover).

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
    I'm going to laugh my butt off if they give him the name "Flashpoint." Of course, no one would be stupid enough to do that...or would they?
    I guess we'll find out in the first issue of Rebirth: Flashpoint #1 won't we?