Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Whats wrong with womens lingerie? Its the age of aquarius, or inclusiveness, or whatever......

Spectacular Member Hopeful Hero's Avatar

It's funny. I'm really one of the few who dislikes the open cowl (never liked it when they gave it to cyclops either) always preferred their whole head being covered. Otherwise, it's still a good design, a good mix of both worlds and of course I'm glad to have Wally back. Can't wait to read his adventures moving forward.
    "So as I pray, Unlimited Pak Works!"

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hero View Post
    It's funny. I'm really one of the few who dislikes the open cowl (never liked it when they gave it to cyclops either) always preferred their whole head being covered. Otherwise, it's still a good design, a good mix of both worlds and of course I'm glad to have Wally back. Can't wait to read his adventures moving forward.
    I'll agree that it isn't practical. Certainly not great at keeping an identity secret. However there's just something about the way an artist can show movement and action with that hair in the wind that I really find visually appealing.

First noticed it with Marvel Boy in New Warriors in the 90's. Started with a closed cowl and costume was 'ok'... few issues in and he changed the mask to Open, and just looked so much better.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This is the costume that Wally should have always had. So much conflict could have been avoided if Wally had (as he claimed he intended) honored Barry instead of 'replacing' him. Putting on the dead man's costume and taking the dead guy's name... It's tough to really lay a claim to it. With Barry dead, I could get used to him being Flash... or Flash 2 or whatever, but in universe/character mentality... as soon as Barry came back, Wally needed to hand the identity back and come up with his own name. The tug of War just never made any sense.

I love the 'open cowl' concept, and the way it just symbolizes 'kid flash grown up'. It's an excellent design that screams 'Flash family' yet at the same time says 'Wally not Barry' to anyone flipping through a book.

The silver I can get used to... I personally would have made a blue/silver version like the Barry Clone in the 90's show... but I just like blue :P

I really don't like all the visual lightning effects all around him. That's something that I'm still not used to with Barry... I liked it a LOT better when that was just 'blur' from his gloves and belt then it was ACTUAL zig-zagging sparking lightning bolts... But that's an artist thing and not a costume thing. In fact with the stupid chin strap and all the yellow seams and light-piping on nu52 Barry's costume, I dare say I now like new Wally's costume better!

And I'd waited years to see classic Barry's costume again. Shame it didn't last much past Rebirth....
    I wish Wally had gotten his own costume design too.
    But please consider that in-story-universe Wally was usually broke. He had to use Barry's costume making machine in order to have a suit that didn't deteriorate from his superspeed In fact it was the work of his scientist friends that got him the updated version (slanted lightning accents and darker color) after Vandal Savage stole and presumably destroyed Barry's device. It was quite a few years later that Wally developed the ability to weave a costume from pure Speed Force and by then then everyone associated his Flash with that updated version. Yes, Wally truly meant to honor Barry. It wasn't just 'a claim'. He wanted people to remember Barry when they saw the Flash doing heroic things. (This was also before he had to hide his and Barry's true identity.)

When Barry returned, Wally did broach the subject with Linda on changing his hero identity. It was a problem of finding a name they liked....then trouble interfered and it got shoved to the back burner.

Also, I don't recall Barry Allen being upset with Wally on his choice. If Barry was fine with it then that should settle the matter.

Agreed, the chin strap and yellow lines were awful.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I like the design.

I'm just glad he's back. Getting rid of him in the first place was pointless. He just needed to be simplified a little to fit into the New 52 world.

All in all, aside from the confusing Superman situation, REBIRTH feels so far like what The New 52 was initially sold as. Not a total reboot,but a decluttering of the continuity that keeps the big stuff while giving the characters slight visual tweaks to modernize them.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Are the accents meant to always be luminescent or is it meant to be silver? It's not bad, but I'd like to see more. Was there ever a thread for the other Wally, Robin, and Raven designs? I can't seem to find it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    You know a drawing of a costume is bad when you've looked at it and still aren't sure what the costume looks like.
    I feel that way about Red Robin's costume but not Wally's new look.

Love the reds and the silver.

I like it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I think it's a pretty awesome design and look for Wally, one that honors his history while making it clear who this particular Scarlet Speedster is .

Wally West, The Fastest Man Alive is back .

I don't hate it. It's sort of a combination of Kid Flash and Walter West. Maybe they'll give him his own super-name, too. Crimson Comet, or something. That way he can stand on his own instead of being "the other Flash."

Amazing Member

Hideous, either give him the Kid Flash uniform that he wore for years (as seen in Rebirth) of the Flash costume he wore with the lightning pattern different from Barry's.

Spectacular Member

I like it, but I think the red of the mask blends in a little too much with his red hair. I'm happy he's back and I'm happy with the costume.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

So do we know for certain if he is going to be called "Flash"? Regardless of the larger the message in my avatar, I always hate when characters have the same hero name at the same time. It just don't make any sense to me why that would happen. I know it would enrage a lot of people, but I would be much more interested in Wally had some name other than Flash. Even if it was like "Silver Flash" or something that would be better =P
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."

Spectacular Member

First time I saw this, I immediately thought his name should be The Scarlet Speedster.
    Hank Pym: You're taking over? Come on, give me one good reason why—
    Iron Man: Three words. You're. Hank. Pym.

Incredible Member

All I can see is Flash is wearing a bra.