Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Good news is : There will be a Swamp Thing Winter Special.Bad news: By Tom King.

I don't know if that is good or bad, honestly he is such a hit and miss writer, he is either great or horrible, there is no in between. For example I hated his I Am Gotham and I Am Bane, but I loved A Am Suicide. Then again I do not care for his Catwoman thing... Vision was great... We will see, it is a gamble.

Did you guys catch up guest appearance of Swamp Thing in Batman Brave and Mold?
    With blood and rage of crimson red,
    Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
    Together with our hellish hate,
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

Problem with King is that he believes he's the first writer ever.Surely,Batman and Catwoman were never married before.How original of me.

I haven't liked King's Batman run so far, but I am curious to see what he is going to do with swamp thing.

My bet is that we will see the title finally relaunched next year when vertigo comes back to life, and then I am sure we will be in for quite a treat.

There was some talk a few months ago that greg capullo could be drawing the character in the future. I would love to see him working on this, and I would like this even more if it was written by Snyder.

I enjoyed his N52 run, even if it felt a little bit like a remake of alan moore's run.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.

From the current DC pool,I wouldnt mind Steve Orlando as a ST writer.Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGunStar View Post
    Problem with King is that he believes he's the first writer ever.Surely,Batman and Catwoman were never married before.How original of me.
    My problem with him is that he thinks original equals good. For example I Am Gotham, it is a new idea, but a very boring one for a character like Batman in my opinion. He writes ideas that are good in general, but without thinking are they good for the character, that is why he has so many hits and misses. I Am Bane is on the other hand same old same old, and we have been building up to that point for quite a while, King has made me seriously thinking about dropping Batman book, something I had never done before, I'll just pick up books with events (The Button) and that is that.
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

I'm enjoying Priest on Deathstroke a lot, but I don't know if he would manage to write Swamp Thing well.
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by judder64 View Post
    I haven't liked King's Batman run so far, but I am curious to see what he is going to do with swamp thing.

My bet is that we will see the title finally relaunched next year when vertigo comes back to life, and then I am sure we will be in for quite a treat.
    Same. I just hope we do not get one of those generic artists, those clean drawings, something Marvel is doing with most of their books.
    We'll burn you all,
    That is your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by Serddar View Post
    My problem with him is that he thinks original equals good. For example I Am Gotham, it is a new idea, but a very boring one for a character like Batman in my opinion. He writes ideas that are good in general, but without thinking are they good for the character, that is why he has so many hits and misses. I Am Bane is on the other hand same old same old, and we have been building up to that point for quite a while, King has made me seriously thinking about dropping Batman book, something I had never done before, I'll just pick up books with events (The Button) and that is that.
    Actually,he thinks hes original,but everything he did somebody did better,before him.Hell,Batman and Catwoman were married in the Golden age.The original Huntress was their daughter.

Oh my gosh that would be so amazing!

Len Wein's last story is going to be in the upcoming Swamp Thing Winter special. I think it should also include Rick Veitch's "lost" Swamp Thing story. I don't think it will be as much a controversy as it was back in the late '80.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Len Wein's last story is going to be in the upcoming Swamp Thing Winter special. I think it should also include Rick Veitch's "lost" Swamp Thing story. I don't think it will be as much a controversy as it was back in the late '80.
    That would be amazing. Also note that the lost Rick Veitch issue, "Swamp Thing 88" would have been the first mainstream comic book drawn by the glorious Michael Zulli.

Depends how lost it really is.See also: Hellblazer Shoot.

Until it is published it is considered lost.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Depends how lost it really is.See also: Hellblazer Shoot.
    I've heard that about half the book was penciled, but the rest remains unfinished.