Astonishing Member

Default Spinning out of DC Universe Rebirth- The New 52 Trinity of Sin Question... (Spoiler Talk)

It's a bit of a longshot but....

It occurs to me that being what was just introduced to the DCU there's an interesting story opportunity with the characters that might explain a character we've seen since the New 52 began using the characters just referenced in DC Universe Rebirth

IE The Watchmen

Here's a Question (hah)

So does anyone think the New 52 Trinity of Sin Question...is Rorschach?

What little we know of the Trinity of Sin Question paints him in a very similar light to Rorschach.

He's a redhead. He was transported from an unknown place in time and space by the Shazam Council for punishment. The others were from the ancient past/ancient times but ToS Question appears in otherwise modern clothing before being shunted into the future/present of the DCU.

Apparently this pre Question man stated he had thousands of followers who would avenge him, in my theory this would be more a meta on Watchmen's fans or even simply that Rorschach was trying to fight for a better world and inspire people in his own twisted way.

And if we go by Judas and Pandora's punishments/crimes their crimes were less individual crimes but crimes that led to big crisis' like Pandora unwittingly unleashing evils on the world.

Rorschach's last action before his death "casually" play with the worlds populations in the hope of revealing Ozymandias' actions...

I don't know how coherent this is but it's something that popped into my head and would explain a lot.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 05-26-2016 at 06:18 AM.

The new 52 Question can probably be used as a villain so Vic Sage can return as the Question.

Astonishing Member

I don't know about "villain" but New 52 Question being Rorschach fits to me.

And technically a new 52 Vic Sage appeared but didn't become Question yet in Suicide Squad somewhat recently I believe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    It's a bit of a longshot but....

It occurs to me that being what was just introduced to the DCU there's an interesting story opportunity with the characters that might explain a character we've seen since the New 52 began using the characters just referenced in DC Universe Rebirth

IE The Watchmen

Here's a Question (hah)

So does anyone think the New 52 Trinity of Sin Question...is Rorschach?

What little we know of the Trinity of Sin Question paints him in a very similar light to Rorschach.

He's a redhead. He was transported from an unknown place in time and space by the Shazam Council for punishment. The others were from the ancient past/ancient times but ToS Question appears in otherwise modern clothing before being shunted into the future/present of the DCU.

Apparently this pre Question man stated he had thousands of followers who would avenge him, in my theory this would be more a meta on Watchmen's fans or even simply that Rorschach was trying to fight for a better world and inspire people in his own twisted way.

And if we go by Judas and Pandora's punishments/crimes their crimes were less individual crimes but crimes that led to big crisis' like Pandora unwittingly unleashing evils on the world.

Rorschach's last action before his death "casually" play with the worlds populations in the hope of revealing Ozymandias' actions...

I don't know how coherent this is but it's something that popped into my head and would explain a lot.
    Hmmm...well...suppose that after Watchmen, Rorschach's expose of Ozymandias led to a new wave of unrest and violence against "capes"--and suppose that this led, in turn, to Laurie's death. Maybe this caused Dr. Manhattan to lose the spark of hope, or of faith in the "miracle of human existence, that he had gained from looking into Laurie's past--and therefore his experiments with playing god took a more embittered, cynical turn. I don't think it would be fair to blame Rorshach for everything Dr. Manhattan did, but I can see how Rorshach might have become the designated scapegoat. And being forgotten by everyone, as teh QUestion was, might have seemed like a poetic punishment for not letting Ozymandias' actions be forgotten. So, yeah, who knows? There could just possibly be something in this.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Anything that explains away the mystical New 52 Question is fine with me. If that was the plan all along, great, because that was one of the dumbest reboots of a character DC has ever tried, up there with Zero Hour's Fate

Astonishing Member

Yeah. Dr. Manhattan's actions might make a lot more sense if Rorschach's letter DID work and that universe's Earth led to a nuclear holocaust unlike ours.

Then Dr. M decided to see if life was even worth it leading us to here.

And yeah Rorschach being punished for it would make sense in the same way Pandora was punished for what she unknowingly did.

For disguised Watchmen characters on prime earth, I would prefer these characters be introduced after Rebirth since Rebirth is supposed to be a jumping on point for new customers.

Astonishing Member

Perhaps. But I can't help but feel some characters have been purposely set up to be the Watchmen cast here and there. Like my above theory of Trinity of Sin's Question being Rorschach.

It'd make an obvious but fun twist too for say Terry Sloan/Mister 8 from Earth-2 to be Ozymandias as his whole modus operandi and look is almost exactly like Ozymandias' and he was oddly referenced as being from a non E-1 or E-2 universe with no explanation as to where he's from.

BleedingCool.com has been pushing the idea of Watchmen as new DC characters - Mr Oz being the most obvious one and New Question being the other. And maybe that Gotham and his sidekick are Nite-Owl and Silk Spectre.

This made me dig out JLA#0 and when the new Question appears, he's seen rescuing a little girl, (something he failed to do when his mind ultimately broke in "Watchmen") and his voice bubble has that raspy jagged look of Rorshach's ....

Astonishing Member

Part of me toyed with the idea of Gotham and friend being an altered version of Comedian and his daughter Silk Spectre but this one's even more open...

Astonishing Member

But yeah ToS Question being Rorschach would make so much sense.

And given how long they planned Convergence it wouldn't surprise me if they planned Rebirth or had plots prepared just in case.

Astonishing Member

Of course an interesting Question-hah, is raised in just how long this was planned.

The New 52 began just about 4 years ago. It's not out of the realm of possibility this story was set up as such as a backup in case the New 52 failed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    BleedingCool.com has been pushing the idea of Watchmen as new DC characters - Mr Oz being the most obvious one and New Question being the other. And maybe that Gotham and his sidekick are Nite-Owl and Silk Spectre.
    Anything's possible, but the look of Gotham and his sidekick seems to suggest she is younger than him echoing the Batman & Robin vibe where I got the impression Dan and Laurie were peers