Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Singer Reveals Jubilee Doesn't Use Her Powers In "X-Men: Apocalypse

Director Bryan Singer says that while he filmed a scene featuring Jubilee's powers, it wound up on the cutting room floor.

Full article here.

Man I'm complaining about how Wasp is treated in MCU but Jubilee is no different. I feel for you Jubilee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Man I'm complaining about how Wasp is treated in MCU but Jubilee is no different. I feel for you Jubilee fans.
    There are Jubilee fans?

Pretty sure she didn't say a word and no one said her name, the fact that she was nothing more than a background character yet they marketed the sh*t out of her is ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Pretty sure she didn't say a word and no one said her name, the fact that she was nothing more than a background character yet they marketed the sh*t out of her is ridiculous.
    Haven't watched the movie, but if true, I agree. I do like Jubilee as a character, and it's a shame that she wasn't admitted to the core cast.

So much for that Asian/Asian American representation. I hear both she and Psylocke got short shrift in this film.

Unacceptable. She had better be in the New Mutants movie. The films so far have already cherrypicked from across eras, so this film might as well follow the same pattern.

It had previously been stated by Kinberg or someone else involved with the movie (can't remember) that she wouldn't even have her comics powers, but rather be a "mistress of electricity" so it's not like anything cool or colorful was going to make it into one of these movies anyway. Please reboot and put someone new in charge of X-Men!

BANNED

Then this film isn't worth watching. Good bye.

Amazing Member

Seems like Singer didn't have a choice and it was studio meddling that had these scenes taken out. He says in the interview that he wanted more Jubilee in there.

That said, I saw the movie. It was ok. I think Mystique and Magneto should not have been in this. Their story was pretty much wrapped up in the previous movie.
    We just got semi rehashed plot points from the earlier movies, like Magneto losing his family and wanting revenge. Xavier trusting Mystique to do the right thing.
    This movie should have focused on the new characters. As it stands, they were just there. Why introduce new characters if you're not going to do anything with them? At least give them 5 minutes to flesh them out for christ's sake.

Just my opinion of course.
    Last edited by hardcore; 05-26-2016 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post
    Seems like Singer didn't have a choice and it was studio meddling
    eh, this is kind of Singers MO
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Unacceptable. She had better be in the New Mutants movie. The films so far have already cherrypicked from across eras, so this film might as well follow the same pattern.
    Josh Boone seems to actually be focusing on the Sienkiewicz era lineup (original lineup minus Karma, plus Illyana and Warlock, if his Instagram is to be believed) so if he is actually taking a less blasé attitude towards translating what works in the comics, I'm not ready to settle for anything resembling the Singer X-Men treatment.

At the very least, maybe the next X-Men film, allegedly set in the early 90's, will keep Jubilee and, like the last few movies, forget to age any of the characters up at all. Seriously....mind blowing wastefulness if putting Jubilee in this movie and depriving her of anything to say/do keeps them from having a teen Jubilee in an X-Men movie actually set in the early 90's. Not that they've ever let the last movie stop them from doing what they feel like before...

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore View Post
    This movie should have focused on the new characters. As it stands, they were just there. Why introduce new characters if you're not going to do anything with them? At least give them 5 minutes to flesh them out for christ's sake.
    That pretty well sums up every character in X-Men movies aside from Xavier, Magneto, Wolverine, and Mystique. They are all just window dressing with zero development and we're supposed to be excited about it.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

She has one line, as far as I can remember. Maybe a second single word utterance later on.

No one says her name, and as it says, she never gets to use her powers.

It doesn't detract from the film at all, and she is just another bit part character. It's just a bit more obvious she was meant to have more to do, as the three teen mutants (Cyclops, Jean and Nightcrawler) hang out with her quite a bit.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    Josh Boone seems to actually be focusing on the Sienkiewicz era lineup (original lineup minus Karma, plus Illyana and Warlock, if his Instagram is to be believed) so if he is actually taking a less blasé attitude towards translating what works in the comics, I'm not ready to settle for anything resembling the Singer X-Men treatment.

At the very least, maybe the next X-Men film, allegedly set in the early 90's, will keep Jubilee and, like the last few movies, forget to age any of the characters up at all. Seriously....mind blowing wastefulness if putting Jubilee in this movie and depriving her of anything to say/do keeps them from having a teen Jubilee in an X-Men movie actually set in the early 90's. Not that they've ever let the last movie stop them from doing what they feel like before...
    Why not just get rid of the Moira, Mystique and Magneto, put Hank in the fur suit and STOP skipping decades for no reason. What's in the 90s that we can't get otherwise?
    Someone please tell me!

Anyway, she has I think three lines.

It's really disappointing. And the fact that a break-dancing Nightcrawler scene has been cut, breaks my heart somethin' awful.

I can only hope that the next movie, that takes place in the early '90s will bring Jubilee back, and with feature her heavily.