Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah, Jubes (and Moira) were completely pointless to the film.

It's amazing how many of these moments are being cut. Some of these might not be entirely Singer's decision. Directors don't usually get that much unilateral authority on the final cut that goes to theaters. A lot has been made of the mall scene. I really do hope there's a way to incorporate it into an extended addition of sorts on the blu-ray when it comes out. Singer said there won't be Rogue Cut type edition for X-men: Apocalypse, but I do hope there's some way to see this movie in its extended entirety. I think movies like Lord of the Rings show that an extended cut can go a long ways toward making the movie seem more polished.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    It had previously been stated by Kinberg or someone else involved with the movie (can't remember) that she wouldn't even have her comics powers, but rather be a "mistress of electricity" so it's not like anything cool or colorful was going to make it into one of these movies anyway. Please reboot and put someone new in charge of X-Men!
    Where was that said? Because the way Lana described it was basically how the comics portray her powers, or at least the way it is properly described.

Condor in Interview
    ,"…Her power in the comic books is fireworks. In this film, I can safely say that her power is more fire-plasmoid, electricity type."

In the comics, they were bright bursts of multi-colored energy plasmoids from her fingertips. She referred to these globules as "fireworks". But she did have the potential to detonate matter at a sub-atomic level. The only problem is everytime she is showcased, her scenes are deleted, especially since they really develop the relationships
    X-Men 1: Her, Kitty and Rogue bonding and a classroom scene and in their dormroom when Bobby comes along
    X-Men 2: the museum scene which gives a brief introduction to her powers as blue electricity crackles around her fingers. Jubilee is among the six kidnapped young mutants that Storm and Nightcrawler rescue. She can be heard calling Storm's name and is shown running to safety with the X-Men and can be seen in the X-Jet. She also appears in the final classroom scene and briefly talks to Professor Xavier.
    and now this movie.

But especially since apparently she bonds with Tye Cyclops, Kodi Nightcrawler and Sophie Jean, they definetly should show their relationship, her bonding with Alexandra Ororo and her becoming an X-Men at least.

Another clueless decision by people in power.

It's just nonstop with these hacks

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    It's amazing how many of these moments are being cut. Some of these might not be entirely Singer's decision. Directors don't usually get that much unilateral authority on the final cut that goes to theaters. A lot has been made of the mall scene. I really do hope there's a way to incorporate it into an extended addition of sorts on the blu-ray when it comes out. Singer said there won't be Rogue Cut type edition for X-men: Apocalypse, but I do hope there's some way to see this movie in its extended entirety. I think movies like Lord of the Rings show that an extended cut can go a long ways toward making the movie seem more polished.
    Agreed, It seems they had a lot of good stuff, especially when it came to personal moments, with the younger cast of X-Men. It would have been perfect in setting them up for sequels and developing their personalities and relationship with each other. Hopefully their is an extended cut.

I wouldn't call it a clueless decision, because their are multiple movies that cut moments because despite good personal moments that could develop the character arcs, directors feel they slow the overall momentum of the movie, especially when they are trying to get people to come in for multiple showings. I know personally, I would have loved to see the Rogue Cut, or a variation of the Rogue cut in theaters instead of the theatrical cut but at the same time, I can see why they didn't use it.
    Last edited by ironman2978; 05-26-2016 at 08:07 AM.

All-New Member

I liked her character but man did they screw up these movies. They put Jubilee in with the a young Scott, jean, and Nightcrawler, she doesn't user her powers at all, then Angel isn't even with them, Mystique is the new Wolverine, etc. I just don't get this at all.

Long-time Jubester Fan jubilees_bf's Avatar

Jubilee has three lines in the film, and shows up in six scenes. She has more screentime than X1-X3 combined. I would say she has more screentime than X2 Colossus/Kitty/Siryn... and almost as much screentime as X1 Iceman. However, without her power scene, as well as her other dialogue that was cut... you are left wanting more.
    I've seen hundreds of complaints about her not showing up much on twitter, Instagram, and youtube. I feel bad for Lana, since this was her first film and she really is excited to play the part (reading all of Jubilee's comic appearances, binging on the cartoon and movies,) and going to countless interviews/screenings/press releases for her role. With as much as fans are upset about it, and publicity she is getting from reviews, I would certainly hope they learn from it and include her in future films.

Jubilee's role in X-Men: Apocalypse (beware of spoilers)
    spoilers:
    She first shows up in Xavier's classroom, and is the first to raise her hand when he asks a question, and totally looks the part.
    She then shows up walking in a hall with Nightcrawler when he gets to the mansion. He tells her something along the lines that he is new to America/etc... they run into Cyclops and Jean, and Jubilee says, "Scott, this is Nightcrawler." Cyclops says that they should all go to the mall... Jubilee smiles big time.
    Jubilee and Cyclops, followed by Jean and Nightcrawler, leave Return of the Jedi. Jubilee says to Scott, "Empire is still the best. It is the most dynamic and complex of the films. It isn't afraid to end on a bad note."
    Jubilee returns to the mansion with the other three teens, as Cyclops drives Xavier's yellow car. They slow down to a freeze frame as Quicksilver's scene starts to take place.
    After Quicksilver's scene, Jubilee returns to the mansion in the car... they look worried... and she heads towards Moira/Mystique/the other students... as Jean/Scott/Nightcrawler search for Havok.
    Stryer arrives and Jubilee (along with the group she is with,) is knocked out by a concussive pulse. The screen pans to her and shows her getting up as Stryker and the main players leave in a helicopter. Jubilee stares off into the distance at the helicopter.
    At the end of the movie, Jubilee and Nightcrawler are shown front and center, staring at the mansion together.
    end of spoilers

Jubilee's scenes that were cut include the following, according to interviews, pictures, and a few friends that saw an uncut version-
    spoilers:
    Dialogue with both Jean and Scott at the mansion. She is already best friends with Jean, and becomes close to Scott. This was left out of the theatrical version, and is odd since Jubilee and Nightcrawler abruptly bump into Jean and Scott and Jubilee merely says, "Scott, this is NIghtcrawler..." assuming that the audience already knows they are friends with Jubilee.
    Jubilee welcoming Nightcrawler to the mansion... as opposed to the theater version, in which the beginning of their meeting/conversation is cut out to the point just before they bump into Jean and Scott.
    Jubilee/Jean/Kurt/Cyclops walking in the mall. The four teens having a cold drink at the food court, joking about Nightcrawler getting brain freeze. The four friends going to a record store. Jubilee playing a game at the arcade and using her powers to hijack the game so she can play for free... mall security trying to apprehend her as she cartwheels, flips, and slides to escape. It was said that she has several quips and funny remarks in the movie, and the audience that saw that version laughed and she pretty much stole a few scenes.
    end of spoilers

That's gotta be disappointing for the actress. The early promotional materials made it seem like she'd be involved almost as much as Jean, Scott, and Kurt. The famous mall scene in particular seems like it held a number of key moments for the young cast to bond and be fleshed out.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I do hope they change their mind and release an actual extended edition rather than just a release that includes deleted scenes. This sounds like the sort of movie that would really benefit from that. With all the LotR movies when I first saw the theatrical releases I enjoyed them, but after viewing the extended editions and knowing all the things they cut out I know consider the theatrical cuts borderline unwatchable.

Incredible Member

Honestly now that the First Class trilogy is over hopefully the focus shifts to a new group like how the original trilogy focus was on Wolverine, Professor X, Jean Grey, Rogue and Iceman(And slightly Storm, due to Halle influence to the First Class trilogy group.It's understanding why the focus in this movie would be on Professor X, Magneto, Mystique and slightly Beast because they were the core since First Class this trilogy was centered around them, and it was setting up to the origin of the X-Men since First Class.

But now that that's over, hopefully the focus in the next trilogy/future movies will be directed to the new trilogy will focus on those 5 members that Apocalypse set up (Cyclops, Jean, Nightcrawler, Storm and kind of Jubilee by the deleted Mall scene), with this new universe that was birthed that from the First Class trilogy that is half Singerverse movie elements with more comic elements. If they should choose to focus/handle on someone handle from the previous FC trilogy to develop some more, I would love it to be Beast because his arc was kind of underutilized in the First Class, especially if it means it leads to a Beast who is a more classic comic Beast with some Kelsey Grammar Beast elements, if not bring Kelsey himself back.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jubilees_bf View Post
    Jubilee has three lines in the film, and shows up in six scenes. She has more screentime than X1-X3 combined. I would say she has more screentime than X2 Colossus/Kitty/Siryn... and almost as much screentime as X1 Iceman. However, without her power scene, as well as her other dialogue that was cut... you are left wanting more.
    I've seen hundreds of complaints about her not showing up much on twitter, Instagram, and youtube. I feel bad for Lana, since this was her first film and she really is excited to play the part (reading all of Jubilee's comic appearances, binging on the cartoon and movies,) and going to countless interviews/screenings/press releases for her role. With as much as fans are upset about it, and publicity she is getting from reviews, I would certainly hope they learn from it and include her in future films.
    These scenes that got cut are really upsetting me!

Maybe if New Mutants does well, they might consider a Generation X movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ABH View Post
    It's really disappointing. And the fact that a break-dancing Nightcrawler scene has been cut, breaks my heart somethin' awful.

I can only hope that the next movie, that takes place in the early '90s will bring Jubilee back, and with feature her heavily.
    I can only hope that the next movie takes place at Marvel studios far away from Bryan(no comic books allowed on set) Singer.

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

so sad u guys we missed out on singer's homage to "moscow on the hudson".

Quote Originally Posted by Austin316 View Post
    Pretty sure she didn't say a word and no one said her name, the fact that she was nothing more than a background character yet they marketed the sh*t out of her is ridiculous.
    She has a couple of lines of dialogue.

And none of the X-kids that started in the mansion get their mutant names mentioned. I think only 4 people get their names mentioned.

Let's face it, the X-movies have ALWAYS been overly ambitious in terms of the number of mutants they want to feature in the films. While most people point to Brett Ratner, Singer has similar problems in the x-films he's directed - think of how little development Cyclops and Storm were given in the original trilogy. It wasn't such a big deal in DOFP since all the mutants in the sentinel-future were doomed anyhow. The MCU's Civil War (as well as the 1st Avengers movie) provide a nice contrast, in that the directors were able to manage a large ensemble of characters fairly effectively but certainly AoU suffered from being overstuffed and trying to give too many heroes a character arc. It is a difficult feat to pull off, for sure, but despite planning to see AoA, I think the franchise could use new direction. Thanks Bryan Singer but maybe its time to give someone else a chance.

Of course, I also wonder how much of a role Fox execs played in this - I can imagine them wanting more explosions in lieu of a mall scene, for instance.

It is weird that they spent time hyping up the casting of Jubilee and it sounds like she is pretty much a non-presence in this film.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I can only hope that the next movie takes place at Marvel studios far away from Bryan(no comic books allowed on set) Singer.
    I'm equally disappointed with Simon Kinberg, tbh. Unlike the previous two movies of the "prequel" trilogy, this time around the script is his. Not to mention he wrote the Fant4stic script and produced that movie. I think the movie he was least involved with was Deadpool... 'nuff said!

Regardless, FOX is never giving up the X-Men bone even if "giving up" = a Sony-like deal with Marvel. But maybe they'll want to refocus their energy on the X-Verse... and a deal with Marvel for the FF might become more likely...
    Last edited by solletaire; 05-26-2016 at 12:17 PM.