Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A shame she looks just like Jubilee. I don't know what to do I really don't want to support the movie but I want to watch to see how bad it is.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DayDreamer009 View Post
    A shame she looks just like Jubilee. I don't know what to do I really don't want to support the movie but I want to watch to see how bad it is.
    Wait for the DVD? Or wait until the audience reviews come out. If they are mostly positive it could end up a more enjoyable movie than you thought...

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Gotta get those diversity dollars from the movie going public. Sucker them into thinking she is in the film and you find out she really isn't after you have already paid your ticket. Stuff like this irritates me. This movie definitely won't be seeing a dime from me over Jubilee and a few other issues I have with it and with Singer.

Thanks for another spoiler headline CBR you get that this movie hasn't come out in the U.S. Right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Director Bryan Singer says that while he filmed a scene featuring Jubilee's powers, it wound up on the cutting room floor.

Full article here.
    What in the actual **** is this bullshit?! I thought I was gonna see some fireworks! >:|

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Gotta get those diversity dollars from the movie going public. Sucker them into thinking she is in the film and you find out she really isn't after you have already paid your ticket. Stuff like this irritates me. This movie definitely won't be seeing a dime from me over Jubilee and a few other issues I have with it and with Singer.
    Just like Helen Cho in Age of Ultron. She's the one who creates Vision's body from vibranium and syntetic tissue and she's such an underutilized character in the movie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Jubes is on the cutting room Floor. And Storm and Psylocke Iconic X-women gets less lines then Magneto's Irrelevant Family. Not sure what you expected though X-men movies outside of Wolverine have never delivered on the Diversity Front. Especially Singer Movies.

Incredible Member

This makes the third X-Men movie Singer has directed where Jubilee's been a background character whose lines or power scenes end up on the cutting room floor. Can't blame the execs at this point. Its simply that she's not a priority to him, which is certainly his prerogative, but yeah, marketing her as though she's actually a character in this film instead of background scenery is eyeroll worthy.

Mighty Member

I just heard a commercial about X-Men:A on the radio. It went something like "critics are raving about X-Men:A"... lol... OK, maybe that's mean? I don't know, though it was appropriate to share here

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    This makes the third X-Men movie Singer has directed where Jubilee's been a background character whose lines or power scenes end up on the cutting room floor. Can't blame the execs at this point. Its simply that she's not a priority to him, which is certainly his prerogative, but yeah, marketing her as though she's actually a character in this film instead of background scenery is eyeroll worthy.
    100% agree. What was the point of promoting Jubilee (from the initial casting to the commercials) if she was just going to be ignored?

Hey y'all! Remember Jubilee's deleted scene from X2, that Singer also cut?

13 years and nothing has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by solletaire View Post
    I just heard a commercial about X-Men:A on the radio. It went something like "critics are raving about X-Men:A"... lol... OK, maybe that's mean? I don't know, though it was appropriate to share here
    The tv ads say the same thing, the critics are from some obscure newspaper or something like that. So they arent telling a lie, just a twisted truth.

Lana Condor's Jubes may not have gotten that much more screentime than her predecessors...but we did also get this:

and this:
    https://twitter.com/spike/status/735515817194840064
    Last edited by ArachKing05; 05-26-2016 at 10:59 PM.
    #ILOVEYOU3000

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    The tv ads say the same thing, the critics are from some obscure newspaper or something like that. So they arent telling a lie, just a twisted truth.
    Yeah, that makes sense. And I can totally understand them wanting to hype their movie and they should do that 100%... But aren't there other ways to accomplish that without this gross misrepresentation?

I'm being too picky, aren't I? Oh, well, best of luck to the movie. It looks like it will do OK. A comic book movie doing well is never a bad thing in my book. I will save any comments until some box office numbers come out.

BANNED

Not really you were sold Jubilee and got nothing.

Jubes was good enough for commercials. But not good enough for the actual movie.

Incredible Member

Shouldve taken out the crappy Wolverine cameo and use that 5 minutes for Jubilee.
    G.O.A.T.: Greatest Of All Time now on Patreon. Please support or spread the word www.patreon.com/andrewhuerta