Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Unacceptable. She had better be in the New Mutants movie. The films so far have already cherrypicked from across eras, so this film might as well follow the same pattern.
    Of course Jubilee will be in the New Mutants movies!*

*As her peroxide-blonde colored alter ego Boom Boom!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewHuerta View Post
    Shouldve taken out the crappy Wolverine cameo and use that 5 minutes for Jubilee.
    Jubilee should've stuck with the team through the Stryker section, then follow Wolverine cause they let him out and he might kill someone innocent left on his own.

There are Jubilee fans?
    Yes.

So jubilee has been cut from 3 x-men films now! Her one scene of talking was cut from x-1. Her big scene was cut from x-2 and now this. All singer films! She is the meg of the x-men films!

Why would I pay money to see this chopped up mess when the uncut version with be out on dvd in two months? Three blasted films in a roll they did this! I feel bad for anyone who saw that awful wolverine cut with the whole ninja fight that's in all the trailers cut out!

If fox is going to keep treating me like trash i'm not going to see anymore of their x-men films at the movies. I'll just wait for the uncut versions 2 months later on dvd!

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Jubes is on the cutting room Floor. And Storm and Psylocke Iconic X-women gets less lines then Magneto's Irrelevant Family. Not sure what you expected though X-men movies outside of Wolverine have never delivered on the Diversity Front. Especially Singer Movies.
    Did I expect anything, no, was I hopeful with how much they were showing off Jubilee leading up tot he film, yes. I freely admit to being stupid to think that.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Did I expect anything, no, was I hopeful with how much they were showing off Jubilee leading up tot he film, yes. I freely admit to being stupid to think that.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

BANNED

I'm trying to remain optimistic but it's hard. Wierd how a franchise known for its strong women looks so different on the silver screen.

And I just got asked by my sister to see it. Looks like i'm seeing the cut up version saturday. LOL!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    There are Jubilee fans?
    [Sigh]

Yes, Jubilee has fans. Because, despite the constant bashing she gets, she's still a good character.

Contrary to what the X-Men TAS Honest Trailer says, she is not just "a mallrat with the power of sparkles".

At her core, the basics for Jubilee is that she was a riches to rags story. She was a rich kid who lost her parents and all her money and still managed to find some way to recover and regain her footing. She had to transform herself from spoiled rich kid to resourceful teenage runaway in order to survive. And like every good character, she's defined by her contradictions. Her experiences have made her outwardly cynical but she still embraces life whenever she can. She acts like she doesn't care and rebels against authority, but the truth is that she cares about the X-Men who have become her surrogate family more than anything. And sometimes she has a heart that's just a little too big for her to handle.

She's scarred and cynical and joyful and caring and funny all wrapped up in one big, messy ball.

And her powers aren't actually fireworks, but try explaining to people what articulate, quasi-animate, transitory plasmoids are.

The big problem with people's perceptions of her are that the same thing that made her famous also ruined her image. The X-Men cartoon from the '90s had no interest in showing her as anything but an audience identification character, who inexplicably cried a lot. They didn't show any of her wit, her resourcefulness or any of that great stuff. Marvel lately hasn't been helping by giving her new directions that feel like they're pulling ideas out of a hat (luckily, she'll survive like she always does).

Sorry, but sometimes I get tired of the way fans treat a character that I happen to like. Anyway, I haven't seen the movie yet, but it sounds disappointing. I don't know why Singer went about tweeting about the character and stuff when she's just a background, secondary character in the movie.

Incredible Member

man I'm completely convinced i want a movie equivalent of Bruce and Lloyd: Out of Control that is a goonie like staring cyclops, phoenix, nightcrawler, storm and jubilee with big brother quicksilver trying to keep them out of trouble as they descend into the morlock tunnels.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    [Sigh]

Yes, Jubilee has fans. Because, despite the constant bashing she gets, she's still a good character.

Contrary to what the X-Men TAS Honest Trailer says, she is not just "a mallrat with the power of sparkles".

At her core, the basics for Jubilee is that she was a riches to rags story. She was a rich kid who lost her parents and all her money and still managed to find some way to recover and regain her footing. She had to transform herself from spoiled rich kid to resourceful teenage runaway in order to survive. And like every good character, she's defined by her contradictions. Her experiences have made her outwardly cynical but she still embraces life whenever she can. She acts like she doesn't care and rebels against authority, but the truth is that she cares about the X-Men who have become her surrogate family more than anything. And sometimes she has a heart that's just a little too big for her to handle.

She's scarred and cynical and joyful and caring and funny all wrapped up in one big, messy ball.

And her powers aren't actually fireworks, but try explaining to people what articulate, quasi-animate, transitory plasmoids are.

The big problem with people's perceptions of her are that the same thing that made her famous also ruined her image. The X-Men cartoon from the '90s had no interest in showing her as anything but an audience identification character, who inexplicably cried a lot. They didn't show any of her wit, her resourcefulness or any of that great stuff. Marvel lately hasn't been helping by giving her new directions that feel like they're pulling ideas out of a hat (luckily, she'll survive like she always does).

Sorry, but sometimes I get tired of the way fans treat a character that I happen to like. Anyway, I haven't seen the movie yet, but it sounds disappointing. I don't know why Singer went about tweeting about the character and stuff when she's just a background, secondary character in the movie.
    In her defense I think Wolverine inexplicably cried just as much as her in TAS lol.