Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    What about having him take over the Zoom name?
    Ehhh, I feel like that name has been associated with evil speedsters for decades now. Doubt even Wally would be able to fully wipe that stigma away.
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I doubt you have any clue about me. I had been buying Wally's book regularly when he first took over as The Flash and only stopped buying it when I gave up on comic books in general for a while in 1995.
    I had no problem with Wally as Barry's replacement. Hell, I even liked him as Kid Flash back in the 1970s and 1980s. But becoming The Flash upon Barry's demise was the logical next step that I had no problem accepting and even enjoying (depending on the writer).
    So don't tell me you KNOW I "just didn't like him in the first place".
    You don't know anything about me; you only think you do (and are completely WRONG when it comes to that).
    By the way, when did you actually start buying comic books featuring Wally as Flash or Kid Flash? How many decades ago was that?
    Clearly Barry's return was enough to kill your interest in the character, which you've since blamed on "whiny fans" who dare to point out that this character isn't being treated very well. It sure doesn't take much to turn you against Wally, does it?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Clearly Barry's return was enough to kill your interest in the character, which you've since blamed on "whiny fans" who dare to point out that this character isn't being treated very well. It sure doesn't take much to turn you against Wally, does it?
    You've taken time recently to tell us all that you've dropped the only book Wally regularly appears in and that you want DC to kill him off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    You've taken time recently to tell us all that you've dropped the only book Wally regularly appears in and that you want DC to kill him off.
    Context, Lee. Try paying attention to the context.

Astonishing Member

Context, Lee. Try paying attention to the context.
    The context is you jumping on everyone who isn't as negative as you and saying they're not true fans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The context is you jumping on everyone who isn't as negative as you and saying they're not true fans.
    MajorHoy isn't a Wally fan, he's stated it outright.

Mighty Member

Wally West has earned the Flash mantle. He doesn't need a new mantle. Even Barry told him that he is the Flash, no question asked.

Wally West isn't Dick Grayson. Dick Grayson became Nightwing because he did not want to become Batman. Even when Dick was Batman, he longed to return as Nightwing in the future.

Wally is about following his mentor's footsteps and maturing to become worthy of the Flash mantle. Dick is about moving past tragedy and not letting that "one bad day" define his life. Which is why he took the Nightwing name from Superman, the kindest and most pure superhero ever.

I only started reading comic books regularly again shortly after Barry returned, and I didn't dislike Wally then.
    As I've REPEATEDLY SAID, it's when I started visiting message boards like this one where there were posters who REPEATEDLY complained about Wally's treatment to the point where THEY TOOK OUT THEIR ANGER ON THE CHARACTER OF BARRY AND ANYONE WHO DIDN'T AGREE THAT BARRY SHOULD BE DEAD AGAIN that I lost sympathy with those "fans" of Wally and eventually lost interest in the character of Wally himself.
    If there weren't so many posts from OBNOXIOUS Wally fans, I probably wouldn't have reached that state of mind and they would have had my sympathy. But their refusal to allow anybody to enjoy stories about Barry without derailing threads and DEMANDING they were ENTITLED to get Wally back as the ONE, TRUE FLASH clearly became a problem.

The best most iconic unused name for Wally is still THUNDERBOLT!

Batman - Daredevil

BANNED

I only started reading comic books regularly again shortly after Barry returned, and I didn't dislike Wally then.
    As I've REPEATEDLY SAID, it's when I started visiting message boards like this one where there were posters who REPEATEDLY complained about Wally's treatment to the point where THEY TOOK OUT THEIR ANGER ON THE CHARACTER OF BARRY AND ANYONE WHO DIDN'T AGREE THAT BARRY SHOULD BE DEAD AGAIN that I lost sympathy with those "fans" of Wally and eventually lost interest in the character of Wally himself.
    If there weren't so many posts from OBNOXIOUS Wally fans, I probably wouldn't have reached that state of mind and they would have had my sympathy. But their refusal to allow anybody to enjoy stories about Barry without derailing threads and DEMANDING they were ENTITLED to get Wally back as the ONE, TRUE FLASH clearly became a problem.

You know you could always take a break from these forums,you could ignore the threads about Wally,you could just read the books with Wally in them and enjoy on your own.

Weird idea huh

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator X View Post

He is the Flash,even a damn pacemaker in the past hasn't stopped him from being one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator X View Post

I'm really not sure if you're joking. DC already has a Thunderbolt. And we already went over this.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    You know you could always take a break from these forums,you could ignore the threads about Wally,you could just read the books with Wally in them and enjoy on your own.

Weird idea huh
    We need his voice here to balance out the voices who go berserk in the OTHER direction. I'm not well-suited to the task because I'm too damn reasonable in my old age.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    We need his voice here to balance out the voices who go berserk in the OTHER direction. I'm not well-suited to the task because I'm too damn reasonable in my old age.
    So, I take it that makes me crotchety in my old age?!?

I'll have you know I can be very reasonable on many things.
    (Besides, are you older than me or am I older than you?)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

So, I take it that makes me crotchety in my old age?!?
    Yah...and there's nothing wrong with that because it takes all kinds to spin the planet.

I'll have you know I can be very reasonable on many things.
    (Besides, are you older than me or am I older than you?)
    I was born in 1972, around a month before the Watergate break-in.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014