Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I was born in 1972, around a month before the Watergate break-in.
    Heck, I remember regularly hearing the news about the Watergate hearings and such . . .
    I was born shortly after John F. Kennedy was inaugurated President!
    (1972 was when I regularly started buying comic books on a monthly basis.)

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Heck, I remember regularly hearing the news about the Watergate hearings and such . . .
    I was born shortly after John F. Kennedy was inaugurated President!
    (1972 was when I regularly started buying comic books on a monthly basis.)
    I started looking at comics about a year into the Carter presidency. Seems impossibly long ago now.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

There is 2 kinds of evolving in comics,there is the Wally way,and there is the dick way.you either become your idols or you become something seperate.both are good for me,but both shouldn't be regressed or ignored.
    Last edited by stephens2177; 06-29-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I think Barry should get the new name. He was Flash, but the lore moved passed him a long time ago. Whoever returned in Rebirth and the TV show...those aren't Barry. They're a new character just using the name. To me, Barry needs to be sainthood level again and guru ala Max Mercury to justify The Flash codename. Instead, he's just been a try-hard since his return. The Nail and New Frontier are probably the last places real Barry showed up publishing-wise not counting Terminal Velocity, Days of Judgment and other post-death appearances.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 06-30-2017 at 02:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    I think Barry should get the new name. He was Flash, but the lore moved passed him a long time ago. Whoever returned in Rebirth and the TV show...those aren't Barry.
    And "Rebirth" Wally isn't any different from his previous version?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

The world of the Flash hasn't developed significantly since he left. It's changed, but it basically boils down to new less developed versions of Reverse Flash and Wally West. It doesn't really compare to the innovations and expansions during Wally's career post-Barry.

Astonishing Member

Wally'll always be Flash now (occassionally Kid Flash but y'know).

Though much like Linda's suggestion to Wally one time (during "The Return of Barry Allen" I'd also be down for Mr. Zip. :P

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

I was referring to Flash: Rebirth shorthand...the post FC one.

Wally's current very few 2 paragraphs worth of instances of appearances in a team book are shrug, whatever...like they were in 90s/2000s Titans. So yeah, not that different. Plus he hasn't been given the opportunity nor time to have standalone stories in this new atmosphere. So it's pretty much him.

Barry, now almost ten years of material to inform an opinion on, isn't Barry. And therefore, not "Flash"nor "The Flash". Barry Allen is awesome. The guy running around since Final Crisis is not awesome. He's like when some parents name their kid a junior after the dad...or some later descendant after someone of significance in a family history. He shares the name, but didn't earn any of it, nor is that original flavor. Current Barry Allen is Flash, Jr. Not even a "The". Or he's like when Black Friday sales happen and a manufacturer puts out a product specifically for just that day that shares a model number with the real product but with an additional number/letter to distinguish it for its Black Friday purposes. It gets to benefit from all the reviews, testimonials and accolades as the real product they sell, though never itself earning it because it's made of lesser, inferior, cheaper parts.
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 06-30-2017 at 10:21 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It would make sense for Wally to take on a new name character wise really. His old life is gone. He has lost his wife and kids and has been de-aged some. It would be good for him to just accept that nothing he can do is going to bring things back to how they were before and make the decision to move on and embrace his new life and make new choices.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It would make sense for Wally to take on a new name character wise really. His old life is gone. He has lost his wife and kids and has been de-aged some. It would be good for him to just accept that nothing he can do is going to bring things back to how they were before and make the decision to move on and embrace his new life and make new choices.
    Except I don't think Wally would/should accept that, and neither should we the reader.

BANNED

Superman would still be Superman even if he got thrown to another universe,just like Wally is still the flash now.

Keep it simple ppl,we have 3 Flash's,Barry,Jay,and wally

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I'm really not sure if you're joking. DC already has a Thunderbolt. And we already went over this.
    No. I'm not joking. I don't care who already went over it. I still think it's the best name for him and no one has even come close to giving me a reason why it isn't as viable than any other name. Taking up the name Zoom? Mr. Zip? Speedy? Wally Quick?? seriously??

Where's Johnny Thunder's genie or Peter Cannon? Haven't seen them in years aside from a panel or two. In regards to Johhny Thunder, he's the title character. Not his genie. Do you think we would ever see a Thunderbolt book about some weird guys genie or even see the character on it's own?

It's an awesome superhero name, that DC can use. ( unlike Velocity which is a Top Cow character, I believe )

It would give him his own unique identity like Nightwing or Tempest, or Arsenal.

It's a name that could front a solo comic, or even a movie.

He is never going to be "The Flash" again in the foreseeable future if ever. Not as long as Barry Allen is around.

While some fans enjoy having completely redundant characters with the same name running around, I absolutely hate it and think it's stupid. See how well that's working out for Marvel right now.

Having a Flash on Earth One and Earth Two. Cool.

Having two guys calling themselves The Flash ( or any other name ) and hanging out in the same books and setting all the time. Lame. No self respecting mature person is going to call themselves the same name as some other guy. They already de-uniqued Green Lantern to the point that it will never be a superhero codename again. It's just a title for anyone. If you want to continue having "The" Flash, then Wally needs his own name. If not, they will just be "Flashes" and it won't matter who is under the cowl anymore than it matters who is wearing a GL ring.

But that's just my opinion. I'm sure having multiple guys calling themselves The Flash who dress the same way and do the same thing in the same settings will hurl Wally into solo popularity again.
    Batman - Daredevil

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator X View Post
    Having two guys calling themselves The Flash ( or any other name ) and hanging out in the same books and setting all the time. Lame. No self respecting mature person is going to call themselves the same name as some other guy.
    Meet Kamen Rider...BOTH of them.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Pulse...

Too soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Manda-Panda View Post
    Pulse...

Too soon?
    Is that a good name for a guy with a pacemaker?