Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post

And while I would expect new Wally to keep the title, there's always the possible return of Bart, who might want the name back if he doesnt return to Impulse or whatever.
    This is actually the only reason I'm happy NuWally exists: It raises Bart's chance of returning as Impulse.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    (Yeah, THAT helps get him noticed and possibly used more.)
    I really dont think this is the problem you seem to think it is. Miles and Peter have been sharing the same name for years, and now the same world. We have three different people starring in two different books all called Green Lantern. We have two people calling themselves Superman right now (though one uses a hyphen). Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson were both Batman for a few years, and the Trinity are usually the only characters you can't name-share. Wally and Barry can both be the Flash. Its not gonna hurt anyone.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

And while I would expect new Wally to keep the title, there's always the possible return of Bart, who might want the name back if he doesnt return to Impulse or whatever.
    Bart will almost certainly be Impulse when he returns. Which is as it should be.

I really dont think this is the problem you seem to think it is. Miles and Peter have been sharing the same name for years, and now the same world. We have three different people starring in two different books all called Green Lantern. We have two people calling themselves Superman right now (though one uses a hyphen). Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson were both Batman for a few years, and the Trinity are usually the only characters you can't name-share.
    The Miles Morales situation is going to become a problem sooner or later. In the Ultimate Spider-Man show they ended up calling him Kid Arachnid when he became a regular cast member. We're already seeing Sam Wilson go back to being Falcon, Jennifer Walters back to being She-Hulk etc.

Wally and Barry can both be the Flash. Its not gonna hurt anyone.
    It's a potential source of confusion that muddies the waters to the point where it's more convenient to not use the character.

What is gained from Wally being another Flash? What purpose does it serve? How does it expand or enhance DC's character roster?

I really dont think this is the problem you seem to think it is. Miles and Peter have been sharing the same name for years, and now the same world. We have three different people starring in two different books all called Green Lantern. We have two people calling themselves Superman right now (though one uses a hyphen). Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson were both Batman for a few years, and the Trinity are usually the only characters you can't name-share. Wally and Barry can both be the Flash. Its not gonna hurt anyone.
    Except DC is not really going to push 2 Flash's. Barry's their guy, and will continue to be their guy. The Flash name is just a novelty for Wally at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post

Sam Wilson go back to being Falcon
    Not really relevant here, but I just wanna say that that switch back in-particular really pisses me off. Also, cartoons can change it all they want, as far as the comics go, I don't see Miles losing the Spider-Man name in the foreseeable future.

What is gained from Wally being another Flash? What purpose does it serve? How does it expand or enhance DC's character roster?
    What is gained from Wally NOT being another Flash? What purpose does it serve? How does it expand or enhance DC's character roster?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Individually:

Jay Garrick - The Crimson Comet

Barry Allen - The Human Thunderbolt

Wally West - The Fastest Man Alive

Collectively:

THE FLASH

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Individually:

Collectively:

THE FLASH

Why can't you be the one in charge BA?

I think we've already made it clear that DC doesn't have any plans for the character and doesn't care about him as long as he doesn't fit to "token black sidekick" narrative.

Realistically speaking, there is no way to work him inside DCU anymore. You either accept him as a Titans-exclusive character who sometimes pops up in main book to praise Barry and fade away again, or you get stuck in this cycle of whining that leads to nothing.

A new name wouldn't help him if DC doesn't care about the character. That's the root of the problems that needs to be fixed first.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Individually:

Collectively:

THE FLASH

I just want to say that you always trying to pitch Wally as the fastest makes you one classy dude. (y)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Its not quite as simple as DC just doesn't care about the character. They have millions invested in Barry right now, so when it come to the Flash he gets priority and all the important Flash gigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its not quite as simple as DC just doesn't care about the character. They have millions invested in Barry right now, so when it come to the Flash he gets priority and all the important Flash gigs.
    Which brings us to "new name". There has to be some massive effort to be put into Wally to turn into a new hero and that's simply not going to happen. If you give Nightwing example, I will point you to NTT. Entire run was building up to Dick and most stories were about him coming out of his shell. Same can't an more importantly WON'T be done with Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Which brings us to "new name". There has to be some massive effort to be put into Wally to turn into a new hero and that's simply not going to happen. If you give Nightwing example, I will point you to NTT. Entire run was building up to Dick and most stories were about him coming out of his shell. Same can't an more importantly WON'T be done with Wally.
    Well, why can't Titans do that for red-headed, old-school Wally?
    Hell, they already set up a new tragedy for him in the Titans/Deathstroke/Teen Titans crossover.
    They could continue to work off that in Titans.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, why can't Titans do that for red-headed, old-school Wally?
    Hell, they already set up a new tragedy for him in the Titans/Deathstroke/Teen Titans crossover.
    They could continue to work off that in Titans.
    Because he already went through that arc and became the Flash. In Titans Wally already said being the Flash is a huge part of who he is.

- Speedmeister
    - Red Runner
    - The Reverse-Zoom
    - Uncle Chester
    - Light-speed Carrot

Fantastic Member ZoomZolomonZoom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    - Speedmeister
    - Red Runner
    - The Reverse-Zoom
    - Uncle Chester
    - Light-speed Carrot
    It is weird I think this would actually be kind of awesome? xD
    My name is Hunter Zolomon. Despite what the public believes, I am the fastest man alive