Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZolomonZoom View Post
    It is weird I think this would actually be kind of awesome? xD
    Certainly better than Mooz.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Individually:

Jay Garrick - The Crimson Comet

Barry Allen - The Human Thunderbolt

Wally West - The Fastest Man Alive

Collectively:

THE FLASH

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    I'd scratch The Human Thunderbolt and make it The Scarlet Speedster. Or that might actually work better for Wally if he keeps his open hair. Maybe Barry as The Thunderbolt. "Human" just seems...redundant?

j9ac9k: Uncle Chester? (I admit I first read that as Uncle Fester. Scary image. However, it would explain his habit of lighting up light bulbs with his mouth.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    Certainly better than Mooz.
    But a guy named "Mooz" could have a pet Speed-Cow!

Incredible Member

I really don't see anything wrong with the Flash for Wally but if he has to have a new one then something like Silverbolt would work for me.

He could also steal one of Max Mercury's old one (although obviously not Quicksilver)

Cheers.

James.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Flash Drive!

A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Except DC is not really going to push 2 Flash's. Barry's their guy, and will continue to be their guy. The Flash name is just a novelty for Wally at this point.
    DC isn't going to push two Flash titles regardless of who's behind the mask. Its not a property that DC believes can sustain two ongoings. The best Wally was ever going to get is prominent membership in a team title. Where his code name wouldnt be in the title. At that point it doesnt matter what you call him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Bart will almost certainly be Impulse when he returns. Which is as it should be.
    Agreed, which is why I half expect DC to leave him as Kid Flash.

The Miles Morales situation is going to become a problem sooner or later. In the Ultimate Spider-Man show they ended up calling him Kid Arachnid when he became a regular cast member. We're already seeing Sam Wilson go back to being Falcon, Jennifer Walters back to being She-Hulk etc.
    Is that the result of the idea itself faltering, or the fact that Marvel went overboard with their expansion and the core dropped out from under them? We've mad multiple Lanterns for decades, Wally and Jay both existed as Flash for decades, etc.

It's a potential source of confusion that muddies the waters to the point where it's more convenient to not use the character.
    I think this is overselling it. I mean, I dont think much of people usually, and I have more faith in them than this. Its two people with the same code name. Its not hard.

What is gained from Wally being another Flash? What purpose does it serve? How does it expand or enhance DC's character roster?
    Aside from keeping his established fans happy, who you need if you ever want to make Wally matter again? It doesnt really add all that much, because this isn't a new idea. That's the whole point, we've had multiple people all running around calling themselves Flash for a long, long time. Everything we might say it'd add to the mythos is already there, its just been ignored since the reboot.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Wally can be the flash as much as Barry can,BUT only if he stays in a team book.barry is the flash poster boy,Wally is the team flash guy,that won't change for a long while,the best we Wally fans can hope for is that Titans goes twice a month,and they stop shitting on Wally in the book,and make his life a lil happier (or as happy as it can get in a comic).

Bart is Impulse
    Nu Wally is kid flash

We.have 3 Flash's,1 has a ongoing series twice a month,the other 2 either has a team book right now,or will by the end of Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    Wally can be the flash as much as Barry can,BUT only if he stays in a team book.barry is the flash poster boy,Wally is the team flash guy,that won't change for a long while,the best we Wally fans can hope for is that Titans goes twice a month,and they stop shitting on Wally in the book,and make his life a lil happier (or as happy as it can get in a comic).

Bart is Impulse
    Nu Wally is kid flash

We.have 3 Flash's,1 has a ongoing series twice a month,the other 2 either has a team book right now,or will by the end of Rebirth.
    This is basically what I expect to see when the dust settles. Oh, Johnny and/or Jesse will probably be running around somewhere. If they dont return at Rebirth's end it'll be quick enough after that (seewhatIdidthere?). And I figure wherever Bart goes, Max is likely to turn up as well.

But Barry in the solo, Wally, Wally, Jay, and Bart in the team books, with three of them going by Flash and Bart as Impulse with Wally as Kid Flash.

If that's what we get I'll be pretty satisfied.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I guess post Heroes in Crisis, he can be:

SanctuWally or The Scarlet sPTSDster .

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    I guess post Heroes in Crisis, he can be:

SanctuWally or The Scarlet sPTSDster .
    Right now, as a result of Heroes in Crisis, he could be the new Deadman.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    All joking aside, that could work, ala Renee Montoya becoming the new Question, or Ralph and Sue Dibny similarly taking on the "Dead" mantle in the New 52.

BANNED

or the new spectre if he is going the Hal Jordan route.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    I don't think it's been leaked yet, so tell us your choices!

Mercury seemed a popular choice in some threads I saw. I like that one too.

Since his costume is mainly red, maybe he'll go by the Scarlet Speedster?

What do you think?

I like that name, Scarlet Speedster. If not that name, I would also suggest the name Rush.

Dead Meat would seem not used right now.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

They've already reveled in the solicitations preview the Wally "killed", is not from the correct timeline.

There is still a correct not dead, Wally who will emerge.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    or the new spectre if he is going the Hal Jordan route.
    Cloak him in Red and he can be the Scarlet Spectre. LOL!

Anyway he won't be dead, they are just playing Wally fans like a violin.
    Last edited by Güicho; 01-31-2019 at 07:53 AM.