Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

I think the new mini will get probably a lot of flack if it tries to move Wally away from the Flash name...

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Yes, you are now Fandom Supreme. Your cloak is in the mail
    ^ LOL!

Send Post-Haste! (which actually should have been another name option)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the new mini will get probably a lot of flack if it tries to move Wally away from the Flash name...
    I think in an insane round-about way (= desperate to find ways to make him interesting to themselves without repeating what was done, and generate drama and discussion, shocking 90's style), this is actually their way to re-emphasis him as the Flash.
    Last edited by Güicho; 06-17-2019 at 11:33 AM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Think about the last decade, and specially about last year: does it seem like they care if they get a lot of flack?
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

The fact they gave it to Lobdell seem like it's going to be another piece in editorial's hit against the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    The difference is that Quesada didn't let his biases get in the way of Gage reverting the character back to his old identity in Avengers Initiatve. And even the second half of Ellis's run on Thunderbolts slowly tried to put him back together. It's a far cry from Wally who has been screwed by the dc leadership for God knows how long.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 06-17-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Think about the last decade, and specially about last year: does it seem like they care if they get a lot of flack?
    I mean, no, but I guess that just depends on exactly what the intentions surrounding this book are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The difference is that Quesada didn't let his biases get in the way of Gage reverting the character back to his old identity in Avengers Initiatve. And even the second half of Ellis's run on Thunderbolts slowly tried to put him back together. It's a far cry from Wally who has been screwed by the dc leadership for God knows how long.
    Not that Quesada doesn't let his own biases have major impacts...

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I mean, no, but I guess that just depends on exactly what the intentions surrounding this book are.
    It's a Lobdell book, and it's essentially removed from the rest of the DCU. Even if the intention behind it is to make amends with a fandom they they strung along for way too long, it's still an editorial cage.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

What a great and original idea.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What a great and original idea.
    And all because they destroyed the comic book store I use to go to . . .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    The fact they gave it to Lobdell seem like it's going to be another piece in editorial's hit against the character.

2006-ish?

I'm not totally sure as I didn't get to read any trades until January/February 2009. Flash: Rebirth was only just starting to show itself to be a stinkeroo by the time I had nearly all the classic trades (had the dickens of a time getting a copy of Blitz and Crossfire, but it was well worth the effort!)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Zipper!

And with a costume designed by Jim Lee, with lines everywhere and excessive lightning effects all around him.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Depressed Flash.
    King Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Mr. Zip of course.
    Or Speedy. It's not like Roy's using it. (Is anybody else?)
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...95#post4879595

Quote Originally Posted by edpower View Post
    Is Wally DC's Wanda?

Each lost their 2 kids (New 52/Master Pandemonium) and ended up killing/destroying a bunch of heroes due to it (Avengers Disembled/Heroes in Crisis).

BTW: The title should read DCU not DAY. Stupid auto correct!

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Of all the outrageous choices in the Wally West's new superhero name? thread - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...superhero-name
    I don't remember Scarlet Witch being one of them LOL! but maybe the Scarlet Witcher or Scarlet Wizard would actually work

Bumped cause with edpower's observation the Scarlet Wizard inadvertently becomes an ironically clever idea- https://community.cbr.com/showthread...tch-of-the-DAY
    Last edited by Güicho; 03-09-2020 at 08:30 AM.

BANNED

Adobe Flash Player