Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I'd prefer to use some variation of Flash. If that's out, Thunderbolt works well.

I think going with any god names is confusing. Yes, I know who Wonder Woman means when she says Apollo, but we also have an Apollo that hangs with Midnighter. Anymore Mercury related names is confusing.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

Getting to much a Scarlet Pimpernel vibe!

They seek him here, they seek him there,
    Those Roguesters seek him everywhere.
    Is he in heaven?—Is he in hell?
    That dammed, elusive Speedster there.
    Oh, mahgosh! I loved that story as a child. Sir Percy was among my first heroes along with Zorro and Robin Hood. (I could read those lines from the book in my head even before my eyes hit each letter.)

Anyway, Wall will always be 'Flash' to me. He was Flash in JLU, he was Flash in Terminal Velocity and every single comic book trade I read thereafter including Flash Rebirth. Btw, Jay Garrick is also Flash and Bart would have been also if he'd lasted longer than those few issues in the red suit.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

I hope they just call him the Flash. As many Wally fans have already said, he earned the title and deserves it. He was THE Flash for 22 years and still has the best Flash stories of all time. His new look is distinct enough that no one will confuse him for Barry, having them share the name probably won't cause any problems. And Brett Booth said on Twitter that he's 99% sure that it will be his name anyway.

Dasher
    Prancer
    Dancer
    Comet
    Blitzen

Wallace the Redsuit Racer
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-26-2016 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyImpulse View Post
    I'd prefer to use some variation of Flash. If that's out, Thunderbolt works well.

I think going with any god names is confusing. Yes, I know who Wonder Woman means when she says Apollo, but we also have an Apollo that hangs with Midnighter. Anymore Mercury related names is confusing.
    Sorry to pick a nit, but Wonder Woman's gods and goddesses are all from Greek mythology. The god you're referring to is called Hermes--not Mercury.

Fantastic Member

I prefer The Flash. Otherwise Mercury sounds good!

RE: the subject of codenames

For me, when it comes to the Titans? It is the tradition of the Titans and has been for over 30 years that they graduate from their sidekick names to unique codenames of their own. (Yes, I know Wally was The Flash and for some fans, he still is.)

But I would be very pleased to see DC keep this tradition going:

Robin -> Nightwing
    Wonder Girl -> Troia
    Speedy -> Arsenal
    Aqualad -> Tempest

I know how hardcore Wally's hardcore fans are. I'll be...okay if Brett Booth is right and he's called Flash. At least he won't be "THE" Flash which is Barry.

I'd prefer he took another codename like Mercury.
    I wouldn't be crazy about Thunderbolt, but that would be okay, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    What's wrong with Flash? Wally's earned the title a hundred times over and I don't see why Barry should be the only one allowed to use it. Marvel has multiple characters with the same name and they make it work just fine, so why couldn't it be the case here? But honestly I don't really care if DC keeps the name or not. As long as Wally's still there, I'm happy.

Mercury might be a popular idea, but I'm not a fan of it, at least not for Wally. It's Max's name and Max was Bart's mentor and foster dad. I'd prefer if they kept it for Bart when he finally comes back.
    Max Mercury was actually Wally's mentor first before Bart was introduced. So technically, Max was Wally's mentor first and Bart's second.

Yes, I know. It's a technicality. But continuity-wise, that is the order in which it happened. Nuff said.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

The simplest answer is the best: Flash.

Some good suggestions here, though. I'm especially taken with "Accelerate."

My contribution: "Lightride." It's almost a speedster variant of "Nightwing."

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Extraordinary Member

And the correct answer is: The Best Flash. All one title, and repeated ad nauseum.

Sorry, I'm letting my Post-Crisis fanboy show.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    The simplest answer is the best: Flash.

Some good suggestions here, though. I'm especially taken with "Accelerate."

My contribution: "Lightride." It's almost a speedster variant of "Nightwing."

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Someone suggested Velocity and I was stunned by that suggestion--because that name is already taken and has been for over 20 years...

Velocity 1_cover.jpg

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blackest Knight View Post
    Max Mercury was actually Wally's mentor first before Bart was introduced. So technically, Max was Wally's mentor first and Bart's second.

Yes, I know. It's a technicality. But continuity-wise, that is the order in which it happened. Nuff said.
    I know, but he was Wally's mentor for what? One, two story arcs? Wally was always closer to Barry and Jay. Sure Max taught him a couple of things about the Speed Force, but Wally never actually saw him as a big role model because he already had Barry to look up to. And that's what I meant: Max is to Bart what Barry is to Wally. It just makes more sense for Bart to take up the Mercury mantle than for Wally

I think everyone should change their name to Batman. That way there is no confusion at the printers, all books will have same font Batman title.

It also helps with questions like what you reading? Batman.
    Who is going to come out on top after the next life shattering cross over event? Batman.
    What is your favorite color? Batman......

***for those who get butthurt easy this is a joke, I do however think he needs his own moniker****
    Last edited by Shishard; 05-26-2016 at 11:32 AM.

Blitz
    Bolt
    Whiz
    Zip
    Flashwing
    Nightbolt
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-26-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    I know, but he was Wally's mentor for what? One, two story arcs? Wally was always closer to Barry and Jay. Sure Max taught him a couple of things about the Speed Force, but Wally never actually saw him as a big role model because he already had Barry to look up to. And that's what I meant: Max is to Bart what Barry is to Wally. It just makes more sense for Bart to take up the Mercury mantle than for Wally
    I respect your opinion, but I'm not going to agree with it. I feel differently having read those stories when they came out. Sorry, but I saw Wally as being closer to Max. Not looking to argue about it; my experience reading it wasn't the same as yours.