Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Flash.

He is the Flash I enjoyed most he was Flash longer than Barry and for me less boring than Barry who was as dull as anything before Crisis

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I wouldn't mind a new name too much but I'd prefer the Flash.

"I'm the Nightwing to your Batman."
    "No, you're the Flash to my Flash."

Hope that concept sticks, even if Wally is younger.

BANNED

Flash.

And his nickname....EVERY SINGLE ONE of the names suggested. That'd be a good running joke, doncha think?

Running Man
    Speed Ginger
    Rapido!
    Sprint (The lawsuit would bring a lot of attention)

penetrator of things

the Red Flash...
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Everyone's going to call them Wally, Barry and Jay anyways. The only times anyone calls them The Flash is themselves whenever they go into their "Fastest Man Alive" inner monologue or whenever the appear/finish with a situation and some firefighter or cop is all "Hey Flash, there are 10 gunman on the 30th floor" or "Thanks, Flash! This city is forever in your debt!"

Thanks to the costume head piece, I almost wanted to call him Carrot Top... Thunderbolt would work. I think the guy that suggested Red Racer had a good idea.
    My Monthly Pulls - DC: Waiting for Deathstroke and Vigilante. Marvel: Moon Knight. The Vision, Waiting for Solo. Valiant: Bloodshot Reborn, Ninjak, Divinity III Stalinverse, Bloodshot USA event, Waiting for PSI Lords. Why aren't you reading Valiant and other Indies too?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Wait till the debate as to who legitimately gets to call themselves "The Fastest Man Alive" kicks in.
    Yep. That's where the real "fun" begins.

Barry was labeled that first, but they didn't make it a tag line till Wally.
    Barry had it at the top of the cover during the Bronze Age when I was a kid.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Flash.

He is the Flash I enjoyed most he was Flash longer than Barry and for me less boring than Barry who was as dull as anything before Crisis
    Personality-wise, Wally was Barry Jr. pre-COIE. If anything, Wally had less color during that time than his predecessor.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

The Fastest Man Alive could be considered like "The Best Laundry Detergent" marketing claim. Legally, all laundry detergents can call themselves that, but not "The Better Laundry Detergent" or they'd have to prove it was better.

So they are all The Fastest Men/Ladies Alive, but no one is faster than the others. Which is how it should be or you get all sorts of fan rage. I know I and others were not happy at all when Young Justice had Wally being 1/10th the speed of Barry and Bart. Even pointing out that there was a period when Wally kept himself slower did not help against that bitterness. (Especially considering it came soon after 2011.)

Come to think of it, the primarily Jay, Bart, Max, and Jessie fans were not happy about the events of Dead Heat and that was just one story arc with a decent explanation to it.

Boring Barry: Were any Silver Age characters not boring? Besides, I liked it that Barry was a straight-laced conservative nerd. I could relate.
    Last edited by Kyer; 05-27-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Whoever is considered the top speedster at the moment by DC will be considered the fastest. If DC starts pushing another for the top slot, that one will miraculously become the fastest (and miraculously lose the latter honor if he falls to #2 or lower). Just the way it is (see also the greatest GL).

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Whoever is considered the top speedster at the moment by DC will be considered the fastest. If DC starts pushing another for the top slot, that one will miraculously become the fastest (and miraculously lose the latter honor if he falls to #2 or lower). Just the way it is (see also the greatest GL).
    I'm going by fan sensibilities and not DC Editorial's. Obviously even DC ED can be taught that ours are better or Rebirth would not have happened.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I'm going by fan sensibilities and not DC Editorial's. Obviously even DC ED can be taught that ours are better or Rebirth would not have happened.
    Well, with Barry as the star of a successful television show and also a movie in the near future, don't hold your breath.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

It's sad that Wally is always being forced out of roles that he originated or deserved.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Personality-wise, Wally was Barry Jr. pre-COIE. If anything, Wally had less color during that time than his predecessor.
    The first real departure from that was in NEW TEEN TITANS. The personality that Marv Wolfman gave to Wally in the early 1980s, however, never really fit him, which is probably why most of it was dropped cold when Wally's own FLASH series started later in the decade.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014