Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Lionsgate Says New "Power Rangers" Film Could Lead To Multiple Sequels

Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer says that the new "Power Rangers" could launch a franchise of up to seven feature films.

Full article here.

Gimme my SPD spin-off! And Mystic Force! And RPM!

If Lionsgate is smart they use Captain America: The Winter Solider as model for the first sequel which odds will be an adaptation of "Green with Evil"
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Still waiting for my live-action Voltron.

If it turns a decent profit, there will be sequels. Many, many sequels. If not, then Power Rangers will go back to the same nebulous obscurity that Fantastic Four is now stuck in. Personally, I have high hopes for this movie. It's been a while since Power Rangers made a genuine effort to reinvent and modernize itself. Franchises like Star Wars have shown that it is possible to update the themes to the 21st century. I think Power Rangers has a much bigger battle ahead of it if they want to be a major franchise again, but I see no reason why it can't be done.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    If it turns a decent profit, there will be sequels. Many, many sequels. If not, then Power Rangers will go back to the same nebulous obscurity that Fantastic Four is now stuck in. Personally, I have high hopes for this movie. It's been a while since Power Rangers made a genuine effort to reinvent and modernize itself. Franchises like Star Wars have shown that it is possible to update the themes to the 21st century. I think Power Rangers has a much bigger battle ahead of it if they want to be a major franchise again, but I see no reason why it can't be done.
    I agree that it has a big battle ahead of it. Hoping the eventual trailers will swing the GA to see the movie. Really believe that Saban and Lionsgate want this to shift the view that the public has of PR. It has all the elements there to succeed. We just need a good movie from it.

Also, there were some additional shoots taking place and someone was able to snap some good pictures of the Red practical suit. Looks much better than the initial CGI'd image they released!

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...steveston.html

If they bring in proper Kamen Rider then we'll talk.

Franchises like Star Wars have shown that it is possible to update the themes to the 21st century.
    I really don't know what you're saying here. Maybe there's some confusion about the meaning of "theme". Star Wars certainly didn't update it's themes (and there never was a need to update them)

Oh good. I was afraid that a franchise being made into a film was just going to get one movie.
    /sarcasm off

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Hold your horses there Lions Gate, lets see how well the first one does before we start thinking about sequels.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Well, you can't argue with their ambition .

I imagine the next sequel will probably include Tommy and do the Green Ranger storlyine, and maybe Zedd as well, though I'm curious if they'll get far enough to adapt the shift from MMPR to Zeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Still waiting for my live-action Voltron.
    Ditto. Hopefully this does well and opens up the Mech/super robot genre

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    If they bring in proper Kamen Rider then we'll talk.
    \

Remember back in the 90s when they tried Kamen Rider in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, you can't argue with their ambition .

I imagine the next sequel will probably include Tommy and do the Green Ranger storlyine, and maybe Zedd as well, though I'm curious if they'll get far enough to adapt the shift from MMPR to Zeo.
    General consensus is that the sequel would be an adaptation of "Green With Evil". Though Rita using the Green Powers in this one have caused some fans to think they might skip to white ranger for Tommy. Which is dumb IMO.

If the first is successful here's where they ought to plan it

2: Adaptation of Green with Evil (tease Zedd)
    3. Lord Zedd
    4. Zeo (new cast?)
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Even then, I don't think it's as hard as people make it out to be. They'll fill seats with the name alone. If they actually genuinely care. It can skyrocket in no time. I know it has potential.

If you guys want Kamen Rider, I'm down for an updated Kamen Rider Black. Kiva? W?

Mighty Member

Sounds cool and this franchise could be cool among those who grew up in the 90s.

The costumes look great. If the rest of movie itself is as visually pleasing that alone will help make it a success. A good story would be even better.