Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

He'll ignore it completely and then at some point emphasize how much he doesn't care about it while giving a 5,000,000 word diatribe about it. He'll waste a good 1 minute of people's lives who attempt to read it and stop.
    Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-26-2016 at 11:16 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    i'm surprised someone hasn't already tried to make that an actual thing, as big as the internet is and as many simpsons and Alan Moore fans as there are its amazing their isn't a Watchman Babies fancomic out there somewhere. XD

But yea, my guess is he'll just ignore it, or if he does acknowledge it rant about it once to get it out of his system then go back to his day to day life like nothing ever happened.
    But they did make it a thing! It's called Before Watchmen

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Really. He doesn't talk about DC much unless he's asked about it. It's not like he moves a soapbox into the city park to rant about DC every day. It reminds me of when, after 1970, George Harrison would only reluctantly discuss the Beatles when asked. Most of the time, he'd rather talk about anything else (especially his Hindu beliefs), or just as well NOT talk (Quiet Beatle, after all) and prefer to be left to his gardening at his estate.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Once he's asked though... He hauls out the biggest soapbox imaginable and rants for days. :P

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Same way he always reacts
    DC has not really done anything original since Final Crisis when you think about it. Its seems to be a never ending stream of events to patch up their continuity issues instead of telling stories.
    DC YOU was pretty original, but not enough people liked it to justify continuing it.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Spectacular Member

didn't read any of the replies but my thought on this kind of thing is always the same. Does Alan Moore have a problem cashing the checks he has received from Watchmen over the years? if he doesn't then he should shut his trap.

he's a strange dude. DC owns the characters. Sorry for his luck.

Ultimate Member

Unless someone asks him, he won't say anything.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    didn't read any of the replies but my thought on this kind of thing is always the same. Does Alan Moore have a problem cashing the checks he has received from Watchmen over the years? if he doesn't then he should shut his trap.

he's a strange dude. DC owns the characters. Sorry for his luck.
    From what I understand at least he's not actually made money from Watchmen since its inception except what he was payed to make it at the time with Gibbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Unless someone asks him, he won't say anything.
    Precisely.

He really doesn't give a monkeys.

But some one will ask him specific questions at an interview, and out of politeness he'll answer.

As part of answer, may well indicate he doesn't think it's a great idea....then some will suggest that he still has some obsession with DC. "He's still talking about DC". But how often does he raise subject on his own? Practically never.
    Last edited by JackDaw; 05-26-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    From what I understand at least he's not actually made money from Watchmen since its inception except what he was payed to make it at the time with Gibbons.
    It wouldn't surprise if he just allowed all the money on ongoing royalties to Dave G. Certainly on the films of his stuff that he didn't want making he often just arranges for artist to get any payment that would usually go to writer.

Whatever faults he may have, he's really not greedy for money.

I always find it a wee bit sad when any comics fans give him a "verbal kicking" after he's given so much pleasure via his writing.

BANNED

He'll probably say something about how much he hates modern comics and then go back to whatever it is he normally does. He does that every year anyway.

Maybe he'll reiterate that he wasn't the guy walking around Northern England in a Pennywise costume a few years back.

He'll probably mumble something incoherent while eating toast made with a Watchmen toaster.

On a side note, we're any of the Watchmen actually in the issue of DC Universe Rebirth? I know it was IMPLIED they were, but aside from some dude who called himself "Mr. Oz"; a smiley button with a red stain on it; and people talking off-panel (one of whom was referred to as "Adrian"), did we ever actually see any of the Watchmen?

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

He won't say anything because he stopped giving interviews if what he said in his last interview indicated anything.

It does show that some fans care more about ink on paper than the creators who help make these comics possible unless if they don't criticize DC.
    Last edited by Crazy Diamond; 05-26-2016 at 02:05 PM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I do think that the vast majority of comic book fans become fans because they enjoy reading the stories...not to become proxies in the disputes among the people who create them. If you were to follow through with that outlook to its logical conclusion, you'd end up a hermit before long (and you'd be a hypocrite if you didn't).

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I do think that the vast majority of comic book fans become fans because they enjoy reading the stories...not to become proxies in the disputes among the people who create them. If you were to follow through with that outlook to its logical conclusion, you'd end up a hermit before long (and you'd be a hypocrite if you didn't).
    And look something like this?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    i'm surprised someone hasn't already tried to make that an actual thing, as big as the internet is and as many simpsons and Alan Moore fans as there are its amazing their isn't a Watchman Babies fancomic out there somewhere. XD

But yea, my guess is he'll just ignore it, or if he does acknowledge it rant about it once to get it out of his system then go back to his day to day life like nothing ever happened.
    I shall take this challenge.

One Watchmen babies comic COMING UP!