Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Characters you expected to see in Rebirth, but didn't

Just to get it out of the way, this was one awesome comic. It was wonderful to see some characters appear again or to see hints at future appearances. But it was a little surprising for me to see no mention of Ralph and Sue Dibny. Who were you surprised to NOT see?

Conner Kent/Superboy. Especially considering how important that character is to Johns.

Zatanna.

Unless she was there. I haven't read it yet, haha.

And of course, Kon-El. I miss him lots.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Amazing Member

No Booster Gold? No Rip Hunter? Considering the whole "time stolen" thing, one would think they'd be right in the middle of this. In fact, between the Legends of Tomorrow show, the rumored Booster Gold movie, and the fact that Geoff Johns is a fan of Booster, I am shocked that they were nowhere to be seen.

And there is Bart Allen, of course, who I miss a lot, but I was not at all surprised by his absence.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Conner Kent/Superboy. Especially considering how important that character is to Johns.
    He wasn't even in the spread. Is he at all a part of any book coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
    No Booster Gold? No Rip Hunter? Considering the whole "time stolen" thing, one would think they'd be right in the middle of this. In fact, between the Legends of Tomorrow show, the rumored Booster Gold movie, and the fact that Geoff Johns is a fan of Booster, I am shocked that they were nowhere to be seen.

And there is Bart Allen, of course, who I miss a lot, but I was not at all surprised by his absence.
    Yeah, seconding no Booster Gold. With as much as the New 52 has been founded on time travel shenanigans, I'm surprised at his diminished role.

I was hoping for the return of classic Lobo.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Zatanna.

Unless she was there. I haven't read it yet, haha.

And of course, Kon-El. I miss him lots.
    She's on the splash page at the end (along with most JLD characters) so hopefully she has something coming soon
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

This is not really expected more like I wanted to see him, but Midnighter would have been awesome to see.

Also honestly surprised by lack of Duke Thomas and Kyle Rayner.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Booster Gold, Kyle Rayner.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

BANNED

Not so much a character, but I actually expected the lost history (or at least memories thereof) to be returned. I didn't WANT it, but I was expecting it. I was surprised the very concept of "pre-Flashpoint" was and continues to be (other than as it was explained to Barry) limited to Wally's memories, and even those are fading.

Astonishing Member

The real Alan Scott, (father of Jade and Obsidian), and Lightning Lad (father of Graym and Validus) one of the coolest selling points for Rebirth for me was talking about bringing back the JSA and LSH. However both were hinted at so hopefully they are in the pipeline for soon.

Hawkman/girl

They were technically in the big group shot at the end, but I would've liked to have seen glimpses of what the rest of the new Detective Comics team was up to during the actual story.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

I still wanna know where the heck Vibe is. He's been gone far to long.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by Exciter View Post
    I was hoping for the return of classic Lobo.
    I really want to see DC bring back the Bisley Lobo.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."