Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Arrow" S4 Finale Turns Upset Redditors Into "Daredevil" Fans

The Season 4 finale upset redditors so much, they controversially decided to turn their forum into a "Daredevil" subreddit.

Full article here.

BANNED

Holy ****, that's hysterical.

Niffleheim

Arrow deserves all the hate it can get. I used to love this show but now it's just the Water Closet of CW. All the crappiest **** of ideas are flashed in to this show.

Amazing Member

I usually wait until the season ends before I start watching a show,(I've seen the first 10 or so episodes of this season) so I don't fully know how everything went, but I do think that if you are running a show, one concession you need to make is to put out a product that ultimately at the last episode, the people who have followed you for the whole season should be happy/content(throw in a cliffhanger every 3-4 seasons, but not every season). Everything I've read makes this ending look like another boring finale that resulted with the group broken up, and meaning that the first 3-4 episodes of the next season is mostly going to be about bringing the gang back together, in which everyone knows that is going to happen.....followed by another 3-5 episodes of trusted friends not trusting each other and re-earning trust.... Which is exactly what we had to start this season off with.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Arrow deserves all the hate it can get. I used to love this show but now it's just the Water Closet of CW. All the crappiest **** of ideas are flashed in to this show.
    a water closet with the most rabid fanbases
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Lol

Who takes people on Reddit seriously?

What's next, bruised feelings from the 4Chan and Tumblr crowds?

Quote Originally Posted by capt usa View Post
    I usually wait until the season ends before I start watching a show,(I've seen the first 10 or so episodes of this season) so I don't fully know how everything went, but I do think that if you are running a show, one concession you need to make is to put out a product that ultimately at the last episode, the people who have followed you for the whole season should be happy/content(throw in a cliffhanger every 3-4 seasons, but not every season). Everything I've read makes this ending look like another boring finale that resulted with the group broken up, and meaning that the first 3-4 episodes of the next season is mostly going to be about bringing the gang back together, in which everyone knows that is going to happen.....followed by another 3-5 episodes of trusted friends not trusting each other and re-earning trust.... Which is exactly what we had to start this season off with.
    I didn't see how the split at the end had anything to do with trust issues - just that recent events took a whole lot out of people. I can see not liking it, but since the people who left went out on good terms I doubt that there would be any 're-earning of trust' when/if they return.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I'm not going to lie, I'm tempted to log in there and post something like "OMG! Felicity stayed with Ollie! I knew she would! I HEART THEM SO MUCH!"

but then I take my don't be a jerk pills, and I let the idea pass

I seemed to have enjoyed this season more than they did, but they've got some legitimate complaints
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I didn't see how the split at the end had anything to do with trust issues - just that recent events took a whole lot out of people. I can see not liking it, but since the people who left went out on good terms I doubt that there would be any 're-earning of trust' when/if they return.
    I admitted I haven't seen it yet, and am basing it upon things I've read which has basically said that the group is broken up. From what I read it's not trust issue, but still it's "Issues" that need to be addressed....which means multiple episodes to start the next season getting the gang back together, which as a fan is always annoying.

I enjoy a seamless first episode of a new season or at least a second episode with the first episode fixing the cliffhanger or whatever, but considering that last season ended up with the group broken up and spent several issues re-establishing the team, to then return to that same concept again, meaning that next year we have to deal again with repeated stories of bringing the team back together, is pretty much old hat. Been there, done that.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    Arrow deserves all the hate it can get.
    Quoted for truth. I really think Arrow is disgusting.

Well, Daredevil is the better show. They made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Lol

No, but it's amusing their reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Lol

well a tumblr crowd hashtag did make headlines earlier this week
    it means nothing in the grand scheme of things but still made headlines
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    No, but it's amusing their reactions.
    The people on Reddit are morons, and their reactions are amusing. I agree.

Exhibit A.

Durr Plant

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    it means nothing in the grand scheme of things but still made headlines
    Last week too, now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Tumblr(and twitter) crowd actually made Arrow what it is now. You would be shocked on how serious the producers take these.