Default Question regarding TPB Cover Wear and Tear

I completely cop to this is a geek nitpicking but I wanted to hear if you ran across this problem as well:

Purchasing a TPB the cardstock for the cover is not as firm, nor are the dimensions are large as they were several years ago. For instances the first page of the comic is actually bigger than the cover, by a fraction. As a result of the edges to the first few pages of my recent TPBs have been worn down due to my finger holding the pages rather than the cover. I believe this happens with Marvel TPBs more than others, but could be wrong.

Does this happen to anyone else?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by arosenbarger View Post
    I completely cop to this is a geek nitpicking but I wanted to hear if you ran across this problem as well:

Purchasing a TPB the cardstock for the cover is not as firm, nor are the dimensions are large as they were several years ago. For instances the first page of the comic is actually bigger than the cover, by a fraction. As a result of the edges to the first few pages of my recent TPBs have been worn down due to my finger holding the pages rather than the cover. I believe this happens with Marvel TPBs more than others, but could be wrong.

Does this happen to anyone else?
    Yup, it's been like that for a while now.

My person pet peeve with TPBs is when the glossy section of the cover starts to wear and peel a bit, but fortunately that doesnt happen too often in my experience.

How old are your TPBs?

The oldest ones I have are 6 or 7 years old, and I don't notice any similar problems to yours.

I started collecting tpb's afew years ago when I first got into reading, and only recently noticed how poor they had kept, and decided they weren't worth collecting and they wouldn't really last. They're probably the best and most convenient option for consuming a story but I've sold most of them on ebay and decided to start collecting oversized hardcovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    How old are your TPBs?

The oldest ones I have are 6 or 7 years old, and I don't notice any similar problems to yours.
    About the same in age.

That would usually happen to me with those big phone-book collections such as Showcases and Essentials. I just put clear scotch tape along the sidesof the cover before the plastic film peels back too much.