Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by lucius121 View Post
    A lot of the ideas in this tread are the reason I'm glad fans don't write comics, so much tunnel vision and nostalgia.
    Fans are writing them, though, aren't they? Most of the interviews I read have the writers talkinga bout the characters they liked growing up...

Quote Originally Posted by Supernature View Post
    I'm starting to think sending them to Counter Earth wouldn't have been such a bad idea.

That would have basically made them an immigrant group trying to establish themselves in a totally different society. They'd need to adapt to the world's culture while trying to maintain their own and would be hated and feared by some of the native population, while others would try to help them integrate. They could have fought the High Evolutionary's oppressive system also, regularly battle against his goons and some other intergalactic threats, etc...

There's your relevant social commentary! And your meat and potatoes superhero stories!
    LOL, to tell the truth i wish they did go to another Earth.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think that after Secret Wars. The X-men line should have been shunted to the New Universe Earth. A planet that did not have superpowered individuals until the white event happened. This would give the X-men the benefit of not being on a planet crowded with other Superpowered individuals. The X-men would start out with the original 5 + Wolverine While introducing other X-men along the way like Storm,Nightcrawler,Colossus, Rogue,and Kitty Pryde. Eventually Professor Xwould decide to train and help other young mutants over a 5 year time period. Introducing the New Mutants and Generation X.

Team books.
    Uncanny X-men The core book that has a core cast and other members that sporadically appear in support capacity such as Forge being the head of Tech support and Cecelia Reyes being the Resident physician.

Astonishing X-men would be a hybrid of X-force and a SHIELD like division of X-men. This would be the team that lives the dream out in society. This book would look into what it is like to try to live a normal life while being a X-men would be like. A modified X-corp that would focus on International globetrotting adventures. This is the team you call when The Uncanny team is busy with another conflict.

X-men Unlimited would be similar to past premises of the book. Focusing on spotlighting characters in Solo non- X-men related adventures, and non-X-men mutants and how the world reacts to them.This book would also tell stories involving X-related characters and locations. The book would also feature X-men solo mini series.

Xavier Institute would be exactly what it is called. A book revolving around the school and it's students.

This would offer a variety of X-books to read that don't step on each other toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Fans are writing them, though, aren't they? Most of the interviews I read have the writers talkinga bout the characters they liked growing up...
    True, but hopefully (I have seen evidence to the contrary) there is some training involved before they're allowed to write professionally.