Fantastic Member

Default Healing Factors and Aging?

Do we know how much healing factors of Charterers like Wolverine and Sabretooth slows down their aging and how long they could live til they died of old age?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    Do we know how much healing factors of Charterers like Wolverine and Sabretooth slows down their aging and how long they could live til they died of old age?
    I don't think it's ever been consistently established. Romulus was thousands of years old. Deadpool is I believe supposed to be immortal (granted how much is his healing factor and how much is Thanos's curse is unclear). X-23 mused in the Logan Legacy she thought Logan (and by extension her) could live forever, however his healing factor is also negatively impacted by his adamantium.

Like with any character's age in comics, that largely depends on the story the writer wants to tell. Healing factor guys just have an easy out to explain it away.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I hate Marvel's current take on healing factors. It makes no sense at all. Rapid healing should deplete your overall lifespan, not extend it. Rapid division of cells = advanced aging, easily repeated injury, and increased vulnerability to cancer. Speed healers should be scarred, and in constant pain, not nigh-immortal bullet sponges with unblemished skin.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I hate Marvel's current take on healing factors. It makes no sense at all. Rapid healing should deplete your overall lifespan, not extend it. Rapid division of cells = advanced aging, easily repeated injury, and increased vulnerability to cancer. Speed healers should be scarred, and in constant pain, not nigh-immortal bullet sponges with unblemished skin.
    Wolverine, in one of the X-titles did mention that his injuries always involved pain when he healed.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Depends on how perfect the healing is. Perfect healing would never, ever degrade cells. Perfect healing would make you immune to all cancers.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

No one wants to read about speed healers who are scarred and in constant pain. I get what your saying. Yet your trying to add a level of realism to a genre. That routinely breaks realism also on a constant basis.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

In Morrison's New X-Men Wolverine looked in his prime 100's of years in the future. In Old Man Logan he looks old a few decades in the future. I tend to think Morrison is probably more correct based on how little Logan has aged in his first few hundred years. I'd imagine the same applies to Sabretooth and X-23. Deadpool looked basically the same after centuries had passed in X-Force.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    In Morrison's New X-Men Wolverine looked in his prime 100's of years in the future. In Old Man Logan he looks old a few decades in the future. I tend to think Morrison is probably more correct based on how little Logan has aged in his first few hundred years. I'd imagine the same applies to Sabretooth and X-23. Deadpool looked basically the same after centuries had passed in X-Force.
    Old Man Logan is also set in a different universe. Different universe, different rules.

Not to mention considering what Old Man Logan did in his universe. As well as the hellhole that his universe is. I can see why the character looks much older.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.