Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

1. The Flash

For 2 and 3 I want to say "Titans" and "Teen Titans", but I'm not completely behind the creative teams. Titans, I like the writer, not so keen on the artist - don't think he's the best fit for the book. Teen Titans - the art looks great, but I'm unfamiliar with the writer, and haven't heard any positive word-of-mouth about his Green Arrow.

So maybe Wonder Woman and Trinity. Or Batgirl. Or Blue Beetles.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

All Star Batman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Wonder Woman, Titans, and (thanks to the Rebirth special) Blue Beetle. I'll likely give Aquaman a shot again and whichever book in which Wally is most featured (that may be Titans).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    And these...

Geoff Johns: “There will be a Shazam book. Not by me, but they’re definitely doing a Shazam book. One of the reasons they’re double shipping, the advantage to double-ship, is to take the number of titles and contract it, and the number of characters. Get these characters right. Then, slowly, when you’ve made sure everything’s working in a great way, then Shazam comes out. Legion of Super-Heroes comes out. Justice Society comes out. Atom comes out. All the other books can come out. But it’s important to get them done right first. It is hard to launch 52 books, and make them all great. I think it’s better to focus on fewer characters, then expand it as the emotional base is back.”
    This could be one of the smartest and best planned business maneuvers DC has made in a long time...

1. Suicide Sqaud
    2. Deathstroke
    3. Wonder Woman

I'm really excited for Wonder Woman after Darkseid War, not a fan of Rucka but I have to see where this goes. Flash is almost tied for 3rd, interested to see what Williamson will do.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    not a fan of Rucka
    Now you've got me curious. Is it dislike or because you're unfamiliar with him?
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This could be one of the smartest and best planned business maneuvers DC has made in a long time...
    I agree...
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Now you've got me curious. Is it dislike or because you're unfamiliar with him?
    I think he's a good writer but I don't enjoy his work. I've read his previous all of his Wonder Woman run, a volume of Lazarus, Black Magick (for Nicola Scott's art), and started Stumptown. So far Stumptown is the only one I've had any interest in continuing.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMason21 View Post
    I think he's a good writer but I don't enjoy his work. I've read his previous all of his Wonder Woman run, a volume of Lazarus, Black Magick (for Nicola Scott's art), and started Stumptown. So far Stumptown is the only one I've had any interest in continuing.
    Interesting! I've never heard this kind of reaction to him before.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    what are your 3 most anticipated upcoming runs in REBIRTH
    Detective Comics because of Cassandra Cain.

Supergirl would be #2 but I'm not sure I like where that's going.

BANNED

The Flash
    Supergirl
    Wonder Woman

1.) Nightwing
    2.) Titans
    3.) IDK, Batman or Flash. Way less than Nightwing and Titans though.

Incredible Member

Green Lanterns - Buddy cop GLs with fresh new characters. Finally.

Superman - If Tomasi/Gleason can bring their Batman & Robin flavor (which was both fun and sweet) to Superman and his son, I'll be very happy. That cover has me hopeful.

Flash - Fresh new creative team with appropriately modern art. Long overdue.

Also excited for Trinity (for Manapul's art), All-Star Batman (for the premise) and Cyborg (for more Cyborg).

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    Why would you want a company that specializes in superhero books to make non-superhero books? If you want non-superhero books, try Image, Boom, Dark Horse, etc.
    DC was never "just a superhero company." For the bulk of their existence they published a wide array of genres. Superheroes were the biggest segment, except during much of the 50s; but, they had a great mix of other things. Vertigo was a major segment of DC's business, up through the 90s and into the 00s. Once Karen Berger and Jenette Kahn were gone, the importance was diminished. That line produced some of their most critically acclaimed comics and some of their best long term sellers, beyond the monthly issues. Meanwhile, they had humor titles, horror comics, westerns, war dramas, sci-fi and (at one time) romance. DC's best hope for survival is to get back to publishing that kind of variety to attract as wide an audience as possible. They were probably the best middle ground for a comic reader who wasn't strictly a superhero fan. If you liked superheroes, they had plenty of them, some of the most iconic and beloved. If you liked a good western, they had characters like Jonah Hex. If you wanted some horror, they had House of Mystery, House of Secrets, Swamp Thing, and Hellblazer. If you wanted fantasy there was Sandman, Warlord, the D&D comics of the 80s, Fables and a few experiments. If you wanted a little comedy with your superheroes they had Justice League International. If you just wanted charming humor they had Mazing Man. If you liked sci-fi, you had everything from Mystery in Space to Babylon 5, and some of the best Star Trek comics, ever.

DC has a rich history in more than superheroes; but, current management can't see past their noses. If you are going to the reboot well again, then use it as an excuse to start taking chances with something other than just superheroes. It worked in the 80s, and sales right now aren't even close to what they were then.

Oops forgot about Wonder Woman. That definitely makes my top 3.