Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

The one where Franklin Richards merges Banner Hulk and Hulk errr...I mean Jon Kent merges Superdad and Nuperman. And Spider-Wally, hits on Saturn She-Hulk on a ship piloted by Dr. Doomzymandius.

JSA
    Green Lanterns
    Titans
    Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 05-27-2016 at 03:34 PM.

And these...

Geoff Johns: “There will be a Shazam book. Not by me, but they’re definitely doing a Shazam book. One of the reasons they’re double shipping, the advantage to double-ship, is to take the number of titles and contract it, and the number of characters. Get these characters right. Then, slowly, when you’ve made sure everything’s working in a great way, then Shazam comes out. Legion of Super-Heroes comes out. Justice Society comes out. Atom comes out. All the other books can come out. But it’s important to get them done right first. It is hard to launch 52 books, and make them all great. I think it’s better to focus on fewer characters, then expand it as the emotional base is back.”
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Titans
    The Flash
    All Star Batman

HM: Aquaman, Batman, Batgirl, Teen Titans, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Superman, Wonder Woman, Nightwing, Green Lanterns and Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps.

Titans
    and 2 hasn't been announced yet but are due to come out.
    Legion of Super Heroes
    and
    Justice Society

Blue Beetle
    Titans
    Nightwing

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by codystarbuck View Post
    Watch Men Milk Watchmen Some More
    Batman: The Dark Knight Recycled
    Crisis of Infinite Reboots
    Superman: Can We Give Him Claws Like Wolverine, Or Something?
    Power Girl: Busting Out All Over
    Harley Quinn's Suicide Girl Squad

Seriously, nothing I've seen announced so far interests me that much, though I hoped to be surprised. I'd like to see them take chances on stuff other than superheroes. I've always wanted to see (heck, I'd be happy to write it) someone do a "Greatest Generation" tale of the the DC war comic characters, taking them from the beginning to the end of the war; but, with absolutely no superheroes or supernatural characters involved.
    Why would you want a company that specializes in superhero books to make non-superhero books? If you want non-superhero books, try Image, Boom, Dark Horse, etc.

1. Super Sons (Cuz it just sounds so darn cute.)
    2. The Flash
    3. Teen Titans

I'm also gonna check out Superman, Supergirl and Blue Beetle.
    I'll probably read Wonder Woman in trade.
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Titans
    Nightwing
    JSA
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

Of the books that have been solicited:

1. Wonder Woman
    2. Batman
    3. Nightwing

If JSA is a real thing, it would replace Nightwing.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Wonder Woman
    Batman
    Aquaman

Didn't quite make the list but really excited for too:
    Flash
    Green Lanterns
    Trinity
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Seely on Nightwing and King on Batman. I can't wait to see if King can hold my interest on a title like Batman.

I'm also looking forward to Aquaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Sounds to me what you want is essentially a non-DCU comic.
    Something that isn't possible in a shared superhero universe.

You may be more interested in Young Animal and Vertigo.

Note: I somewhat understand as I love spy stuff and would love a SHIELD comic that stays more to espionage... but I have to accept that SHIELD is part of the Marvel Universe and will have 'Super Agents' and crossovers with Avengers, X-Men and Spider-Man.
    I'd be better off reading G.I. Joe, which is more of what I'd want from SHIELD.

I had the same problem with Checkmate.
    I could overlook Fire, because it fit her character... but Alan Scott and the others bothered me.
    I had to just accept that it was to be expected in a universe where superheroes fly over almost as much as planes.
    DC gave up on Vertigo long before giving Shelly Bond the boot. DC used to have a really diverse line, including stuff that appeared within DCU continuity; but mostly kept separate. All-Star Western was one of the better books they did, during the New 52.

Here's the thing, DC's management only cares about the superhero stuff; but, that isn't going to keep them alive, long term. Diversity makes the company stronger. They had it when they were on fire in the later 80s and it helped create stability through the 90s.

I'd rather see something like Starman, when it comes to superhero stuff; something with a unique voice and take on the idea of a superhero, rather than the same old stories recycled by a new generation of writers and artists. For my money, the best superhero title DC publishes is Astro City and they have little to do with it, other than publish it. That's Kurt Busiek's baby.

I'm not the audience, though. When you've read comics for over 40 years and superheroes for most of that, it gets to the point where most of the stuff is the same as stuff you read 20 years ago, with minor alterations or more violence. My tastes changed as I aged, though I always found superhero books I really enjoyed, up until the New 52 reboot. I'm, interested to see if they can produce something that does rekindle my interest. I've had peaks and valleys and, in past, something always drew me back. Problem is, in recent years, there's been a much bigger gap in those peaks and valleys.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Green Lanterns
    Titans
    Justice League

All-New Member

1. Wonder Woman - some amazing things were teased in Rebirth and Darkseid War
    2. Action Comics - especially because it's interesting to see a megalomaniac supervillain like Lex develop a hero complex. He's gone through some very interesting things during the course of Darkseid War. I wanna see the aftermath.
    3. Super-sons - It looks like it'll be just plain fun.

Incredible Member JoeWithoutFear's Avatar

Teen Titans
    Aquaman
    Super Sons

....and several others =) But I think those are the top 3.
    Me: "Wanna be Hawkeye and Hawkeye next Halloween?"
    My wife: "Only if I get to be Clint."