Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Spider-Man/ Deadpool #8 picks up on this, and Spidey's still unsettled by his encounter with Mephisto, even if it seems he can't remember it.

http://www.newsarama.com/30572-spide...emembered.html
    How is it that No one in the Spider-offices is noticing this ?

I mean Dan Slott should at least be notified of this, right ?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    I want Peter to remember and feel guilt over what he put MJ through and how he sold his baby over to Mephisto as well as he ignored Aunt May's dying wishes all for self reasons.
    I second this as I want Peter to SUFFER for what he did to himself and the world around him just to ease his guilt.

BANNED

when you have made a deal with the devil you basically forfeit your decency and purity of the soul and maybe that's what Mephisto is referring to.

Confirmation that Mephisto remembers what he did, maybe? There was a question as to whether he retconned his own decision and has no memory of his former timeline self.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Confirmation that Mephisto remembers what he did, maybe? There was a question as to whether he retconned his own decision and has no memory of his former timeline self.
    From what I recall, that was a claim made by either Joe Quesada or Stephen Wacker (I'm leaning more towards Quesada on this one), but it's not supported by the story, so the idea that Mephisto "retconned" his own decision was just Marvel's failed attempt at trying to have their cake and eat it, since their claim hinges on the idea that the deal never happened, but somehow the marriage was still erased. It's trying to keep the effect while ignoring the cause.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    From what I recall, that was a claim made by either Joe Quesada or Stephen Wacker (I'm leaning more towards Quesada on this one), but it's not supported by the story, so the idea that Mephisto "retconned" his own decision was just Marvel's failed attempt at trying to have their cake and eat it, since their claim hinges on the idea that the deal never happened, but somehow the marriage was still erased. It's trying to keep the effect while ignoring the cause.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Mephisto is MAGIC and demonic and not even he is powerful enough to get rid of himself.

Besides Joe Q and Wacker knew that this would BLOW UP in their faces and they're trying to save face. I mean I still remember it and it still has a foul taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Roxas View Post
    It's been done in a few time travel stories. See Days of Future Past, so it was a valid interpretation.

However, interpretations by writers and editors are not canon. The published comic is canon, and that suggests a different result.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Mephisto is MAGIC and demonic and not even he is powerful enough to get rid of himself.

Besides Joe Q and Wacker knew that this would BLOW UP in their faces and they're trying to save face. I mean I still remember it and it still has a foul taste.
    I'm pretty sure that, even if Mephisto was powerful enough to remove himself from the deal, he wouldn't want to. He made the deal with Peter and Mary Jane because their marriage was remarkable enough that removing it would be deemed a sin against God. Mephisto would want to revel in removing the marriage. The argument that he removed himself from the deal assumes that Mary Jane outwitted Mephisto. As much as I love Mary Jane, I seriously don't think "You will love him alone for the rest of his days" is enough for her to manage beating Mephisto at his own game, and it's not at all clear how that condition would even remove him. You're right, they were trying to save face. It's just that they were lying about something that was never there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's been done in a few time travel stories. See Days of Future Past, so it was a valid interpretation.
    I'm not sure if you mean the comic or the movie. I've not read the comic, but I have seen the movie. However, that at least had someone who was capable of remembering the timeline, and I accepted that because it provided an explanation for how the loop closed, with Wolverine acting essentially as the connective tissue between the two timelines. The idea that Mephisto wrote himself out of the deal and thus the deal never took place asserts something that goes a step further than what occurred in the movie, as it assumes that Mephisto does not act as a connection as Wolverine did. Scott Taylor was asking if there was confirmation that Mephisto remembers what he did. If Mephisto does remember, then I'm more forgiving, because that's what I would like to happen in a story that could potentially salvage the mess that One More Day made.

However, interpretations by writers and editors are not canon. The published comic is canon, and that suggests a different result.
    Exactly. Their claim is not supported by the text, so the idea that Mephisto erased himself from his own deal not only never had any ground in the first place, but it's proven false.