Super Moderator

Default [Spoilers] Returns as "The Clone Conspiracy" Kicks Off in "Amazing Spider-Man" #16 Preview

A familiar, if unexpected, face from Spidey's past is revealed as the Jackal's plans unfold in the lead up to the Spider-Man event.

Full article here.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

So the Lizard's evil now? I mean, his human brain side is?

So much for tragedy.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    So the Lizard's evil now? I mean, his human brain side is?

So much for tragedy.
    It's more complicated than that. The Lizard/Curt Connors is only "evil" because the Jackal has promised (and so far seemingly made good on that promise) to give him back his family. People will do crazy/evil things for love, that's been a fact throughout human history and reflected in much of our fiction.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Sorry, I don't get it. The "unexpected face from Spidey's face" is supposed to be Electro's girlfriend? Because if it is, I don't see the "unexpected" part. I mean, I supposed the Jackal would clone Electro's girlfriend to have his services in whatever he's planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    It's more complicated than that. The Lizard/Curt Connors is only "evil" because the Jackal has promised (and so far seemingly made good on that promise) to give him back his family. People will do crazy/evil things for love, that's been a fact throughout human history and reflected in much of our fiction.
    Except he's still the Lizard. He's still at risk of killing them again. Didn't Curt want to make amends for what he did when he was freed from the Raft? At least prevent such a horrible thing from happening again?

Why not go to Brownsville, grab Michael Morbius, make him cure you of being The Lizard again, and then call Elsa Bloodstone? You'd have your real family back in a week. If Elsa can't help, grab a phone book, there's several dozen people who have been brought back to life in much safer ways. Heck, if he hadn't sabotaged that guy's stuff three ways form Sunday, he could just get Morbius to donate blood to keep himself from ever getting too Lizard-headed even if the cure wasn't permanent.

Or has Curt, the supergenius come down with a case of dumb? It's been established, what, three times clone Gwen Stacy isn't the real Gwen Stacy? Bringing people back from the dead isn't the Jackal's schtick.

I know people do crazy things out of desperation, especially in comics (it's kinda how we got The Lizard), but Curt should really know better. Heck, he's worked closely with the same idea as cloning, he should be able to just do this himself and leave the supervillain out of it.

As far as Curt knows, he's no longer the Lizard. It's Connors' mind in the Lizard's body.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    As far as Curt knows, he's no longer the Lizard. It's Connors' mind in the Lizard's body.
    For now, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post

Why not go to Brownsville, grab Michael Morbius, make him cure you of being The Lizard again
    Moral, as a fellow lover of Morbius, I implore you: let's not mention his last series anymore. (So disappointing!)

Haha, and I'm not sure I'd have faith in being cured by Morbius. He has a less than stellar track record of decision-making.

-Pav, who does wonder how the girl from his last series knew he worked for ARMOR...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Moral, as a fellow lover of Morbius, I implore you: let's not mention his last series anymore. (So disappointing!)

Haha, and I'm not sure I'd have faith in being cured by Morbius. He has a less than stellar track record of decision-making.

-Pav, who does wonder how the girl from his last series knew he worked for ARMOR...
    I may like Morbius, but that series (I'm not even going to call it a story) is an insult to anyone who can read English. Someone erase that from the timeline from timeline, I don't care how, langoliers, incursions, even jumping into a spaceship and slingshotting around the sun.

Yes, Michael has a bad decisions-making track record (I kind write about that), but lock him in a lab with supplies of blood for a week and he'll cure cancer(he kinda did back in old She-Hulk, sorta). He's still got a way better track record of being able to be trusted than the Jackal, who doesn't even try to keep that a secret. Go see if his blood still cures you, Curt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Just like in the 90's animated series and Marvel Avengers Alliance.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    Just like in the 90's animated series and Marvel Avengers Alliance.
    Those were good days. And Lizard was basically substituting for the Hulk since they couldn't get him into their adaptation of Secret Wars.
    The spider is always on the hunt.