Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    This looks quite good, but where is Damian? I was hoping the odd idea of a new Robin would leave when Synder left. Damian Wayne is the perfect modern Robin.
    I think all the interactions between Damien as Robin and Bruce will probably end up being in Super Sons.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Miles Morales "Cough" Marvel Comics "Cough"
    That's the difference between giving a new character a fair shot, and shoving them down our throats.
    I think you meant Jessica Cruz & Simon Baz-who with LESS development get to be in their own book and Justice League at the expense of the other Lanterns. That is shoving.

Miles Morales has pretty much stayed in his own books until New Ultimates & AND Avengers.

Duke was in his own book-has development. Duke has already been seen as a future Robin and has a HUGE bone to pick with Joker. So story wise it would fit for Batman to have him under his eye to make sure he doesn't go Joker hunting on his own.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Cant wait for this issue!

The art is absolutely stunning and I just love the new outfit. Can't wait for this!
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

misunderstood
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 05-31-2016 at 11:55 PM.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

I'm really pumped for this book. My body is ready.

King will nail Batman IMO

BANNED

Gotta applaud DC, this and all the other Rebirth issues were a complete and utter waste of time and worse money. If you've read the solicits and followed other bits and pieces of news then you can just skip these filler issues, there's no attempt to even hide that they're filler.

This particular issue had a new development with Calendar Man that is likely to remind one of New-52 Mr Freeze and actually makes me have serious reservations about Snyder handling the villains if this is the sort of stuff to be expected and it's pretty much a vastly inferior ripoff of what Simone did with Poison Ivy back in Batgirl annual #2. Inferior because Simone was able to explain it, here it's causes and implications are left frustratingly ambiguous.

The direction they're taking Duke in should give Damian and other Robins fans relief and probably crush the dreams of the 2 or so Duke fans out there even though by and large this issue was about setting up the back ups of All-Star Batman featuring Duke.

Not even a hint of the Batschool or teases of stories we're going to see in Batman and ASB.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 06-01-2016 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Miles Morales "Cough" Marvel Comics "Cough"
    I don't see how these 2 relate to one another at all apart from the both being African american, Miles was no more pushed down out throats than Kamila Khan.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    Gotta applaud DC, this and all the other Rebirth issues were a complete and utter waste of time and worse money. If you've read the solicits and followed other bits and pieces of news then you can just skip these filler issues, there's no attempt to even hide that they're filler.

This particular issue had a new development with Calendar Man that is likely to remind one of New-52 Mr Freeze and actually makes me have serious reservations about Snyder handling the villains if this is the sort of stuff to be expected and it's pretty much a vastly inferior ripoff of what Simone did with Poison Ivy back in Batgirl annual #2. Inferior because Simone was able to explain it, here it's causes and implications are left frustratingly ambiguous.

The direction they're taking Duke in should give Damian and other Robins fans relief and probably crush the dreams of the 2 or so Duke fans out there even though by and large this issue was about setting up the back ups of All-Star Batman featuring Duke.

Not even a hint of the Batschool or teases of stories we're going to see in Batman and ASB.
    The Batschool is Tynion's and the tease for ASB was with Duke becoming Lark as he will be featured in the Back-ups. Calendar Man was more of a "Meta" character talking about the changes with every new writer who takes on Batman. Batman does not really need to have his whole Backstory retold again so what was "Rebirth" in the issue was Wayne Enterprises, Billionaire Status, Commissioner Gordon, Full bodied Alfred, Dinosaur trophy, Wayne Manor and the Batcave. Snyder left all of these in vastly different positions so this was a pivot back to the basics.

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    As a Duke fan I thought it was fine, and I'm glad he's not going to be a Robin. Overjoyed, actually. And Scott Snyder said that he wasn't going to be a Robin anyway, so no real surprises here...

Anyway, I was going to take a pass on this, but after seeing the spoiler on what they were going to do with Duke I decided to take the plunge. And now I'll definitely get ALL-STAR BATMAN too; mainly for the Duke back-ups. And I eagerly await a LARK book (or whatever they want to call it) starring Duke Thomas in a few years.
    Last edited by 100010959493281; 06-01-2016 at 06:05 AM.

Incredible Member

I liked the character moments, but the main plot left me bored. And since when is Calendar Man a metahuman? Gawd, not every damn Batvillain needs to be!
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 100010959493281 View Post
    As a Duke fan I thought it was fine, and I'm glad he's not going to be a Robin. Overjoyed, actually. And Scott Snyder said that he wasn't going to be a Robin anyway, so no real surprises here...

Anyway, I was going to take a pass on this, but after seeing the spoiler on what they were going to do with Duke I decided to take the plunge. And now I'll definitely get ALL-STAR BATMAN too; mainly for the Duke back-ups. And I eagerly await a LARK book (or whatever they want to call it) starring Duke Thomas in a few years.
    Not sure how I feel about yellow as a primary color. But I guess we got Red in use (Damian and Drake), Blue in use (Nightwing and Blue Bird), Batgirls like Purple besides Cass. So that leaves Yellow. I don't know I prefer Green or Orange. But yellow is more of Batman Color I guess. I would say more Black with yellow highlights but again close to Cass.