Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Rachel Rising, #42

With issue #42, Terry Moore provides a stunning and satisfying conclusion to his supernatural horror series "Rachel Rising."

Full review here.

This issue really is a remarkable ending to what has been one of my favorite series.

One one hand the ending in the final arc seemed a bit rushed to me. There were a few characters that I would have enjoyed seeing explored and revealed further. If I'm not mistaken, Terry Moore made the hard choice to end the series due to sales; so that dictated a rapid conclusion. Even so, Moore did a fantastic job bringing the series to an end that was as emotionally charged as it was satisfying.

I'm still in denial that the series is over; and it probably won't hit me for real until next month arrives and there is no next issue. Oh well. I guess it's time to read it all over again.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Great issue .. however, I didn't know it was the series conclusion until I got to the end .. which was like "what?" .. and then again "what?" ..

Would make a great cable TV series .. ala Walking Dead ..

I look forward to the next series Terry Moore comes out with .. if he has a problem with sales, it's not me .. I love all his work ..

For anyone interested, Terry Moore has a special "Black Edition" Rachel Rising Omnibus available for pre-sale on his website and due out in July/August. It is limited to 750 copies but there are still some available. A regular omnibus will follow afterward. From now on he says that he'll only be doing short series (1-6 issues).

Funny how The Buy Pile column rated this issue as "Meh" but this reviewer loved it.

Ooof yeah good issue, great finale. While this series was initially in the "just good" territory for me, it really skyrocketed after issue #24. Moore's regularly been topping himself since then. Remember the hardware store issue? Chills. Very sad to see this excellent comic end, but it's been a wild ride for sure.