View Poll Results: Who can beat Dr. Manhattan?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • the Spectre

37 50.68%
  • Jenny Sparks

3 4.11%
  • JSA

8 10.96%
  • The Authority

4 5.48%
  • Superman Batman & Wonder Woman

21 28.77%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Inza Nelson back in the day, except she probably would just end up fixing a street light or something.

New 52 Superman (Superman Red), whom at some point Mr. Oz trained for explicitly that purpose, Superman Blue (Superdad), Superboy (Jon). Supergirl, Superwoman, and Super-Man (Kenan).
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 05-27-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    New 52 Superman (Superman Red), whom at some point Mr. Oz trained for explicitly that purpose, Superman Blue (Superdad) and Superboy (Jon).
    Hey, ya know it'd be kind of cool if "Superdad" came back looking like Superman Blue! Electricity powers and all. That would set them apart and also their powersets.

Haha, that'd be interesting but I was naming them such more on the coloring of the boots, which I see as a pre-Crisis homage, as opposed to the post-Crisis Electric storyline.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    True... Rebirth seems like a reversal of Wizard of Oz.
    Instead of the characters going to seek the wizard to find the qualities they each think they're lacking, this time each of the characters represent a quality that the wizard, himself, is lacking but not knowing.

I think Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, along with the presence of magic (something else he wouldn't comprehend, and could come to represent the very fabric of the DCU) will be instrumental.

However, with Batman I'd probably use him to represent justice, or rather the temperance of vengeance with mercy and fairness.

But then, they also represent the Body (Superman), Mind (Batman) and Spirit (Wonder Woman) of the DCU.
    First thing, I give you credit for having a better take on Batman than I did. Well done.

The idea of magic is something that Manhattan may not comprehend. If the story goes this way, I suggest using Dream (you know, the Sandman). The lore of the character and his history with the idea of stories. Plus if it's the DCU vs the Watchmen franchise, then bring in Vertigo characters. I'm all for it.

The idea of Dream vs Dr. Manhattan is one that needs to be done very carefully. It could very easily suck. But, if it works, holy f^%&^g s#!+

My inner fanboy is squealing.
    Last edited by CaptCleghorn; 05-27-2016 at 07:07 PM.

I do not believe it will be required to beat Dr Manhattan. Dr Manhattan just likes to talk to people bec he is curious. The real villains could be a legion of evil Pandoras.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Yeah...I'm not sure Dr. Manhattan is the menace that needs to be defeated here. It's possible he might be an important ally or messenger.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

All-New Member

Could there be a possibility that Captain Atom would end up being the one to go against Dr Manhattan? That would be very cool to see!

BANNED

Rocky Balboa could beat him, but Dr. Manhattan would give Rocky a long hideous pounding in the process.
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 05-28-2016 at 07:02 AM.

This thread is flawed.

Because the poll doesn't list the guy who can ACTUALLY beat Dr. Manhattan:

Superman Prime.

The ultimate manifestation of Superman. Heck, he's even got a bit of that Captain Atom connection, what with the metallic skin!

Man of Tomorrow vs Man of the Atom. Cold reason vs burning passion.

Light... vs Dark.

BANNED

Pre-FP Spectre should be able to pull it off.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    This thread is flawed.

Because the poll doesn't list the guy who can ACTUALLY beat Dr. Manhattan:

Superman Prime.

The ultimate manifestation of Superman. Heck, he's even got a bit of that Captain Atom connection, what with the metallic skin!

Man of Tomorrow vs Man of the Atom. Cold reason vs burning passion.

Light... vs Dark.
    Wasn't Superman Prime supposed to be a Morrison's backdoor way to get Kal-L into the the post-COIE universe (before IC). I thought I read somewhere years ago the he was supposed to Kal-L.

Spectacular Member

I am hoping it won't be some type of huge battle, but something like convincing DM he was wrong. I am hoping that setting things right will be more nuanced and less "beat them over the head."

I am also really hoping that the Charlton characters get an opportunity to meet their analogues and convince them the world is not as bad as some see it. It is great place full of promise. Maybe Rebirth can actually be what Brightest Day was supposed to be, or be the conclusion that was taken away by Nu52.

Dr Manhattan is about as power as the presence and both probably cannot be beaten.

Astonishing Member

I guessss you could argue that Adrian Veidt did in the movie. But In Terms of a traditional smackdown.... Yeah You'd need pre - con Beyonder or Samantha Stevens or somebody like that.