View Poll Results: Who can beat Dr. Manhattan?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • the Spectre

37 50.68%
  • Jenny Sparks

3 4.11%
  • JSA

8 10.96%
  • The Authority

4 5.48%
  • Superman Batman & Wonder Woman

21 28.77%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BANNED

I'm expecting it to be Superman Batman and Wonder Woman. They're releasing another Trinity series so they still value those characters role within the DCU. It makes sense that they'd be the ones to stop the big bad. Batman will figure out a strategy to defeat him, Superman will use all his power against him, and Wonder Woman will, uhh, hit him. I joke, I'm sure Diana could have an important role in his defeat.

If Manhattan enters the DCU will be inevitable bounded to its inner Logic and rules. So he will be a powerfull enemy but can be defeated by many dc heroes.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I think it's going to take the combine power of the JSA & the Authority to stop him.
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

But can't he just atomize everything in his line of sight? Why would anyone be able to defeat a God - oh wait. I guess Batman might be able to do it.

BANNED

Jesus.
    I never thought this would ever be a serious question.
    Alan Moore was right. DC are raccoons in his garbage bin.

I think it would be amusing if there was a writer named Alan Moore in the DC universe, who has the answer to defeating Dr. Manhattan
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    Jesus.
    I never thought this would ever be a serious question.
    Alan Moore was right. DC are raccoons in his garbage bin.
    What an excellent (and accurate) analogy. I too am pretty incredulous at the idea of Watchmen merging with the main DC universe. Maybe it's because I've always thought of that particular work as a meta-commentary on the conventional comic-book shticks of that time; an otherwise regular superhero story tempered with this unusual amount of realism and poignancy (and poignant because it's so realistic, so ironically allegorical). It just doesn't feel right, is what I mean. Never would I had thought that DC would be scraping the bottom of the barrel like this. Depresses the hell out of me.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unfinishedsentenc View Post
    But can't he just atomize everything in his line of sight? Why would anyone be able to defeat a God - oh wait. I guess Batman might be able to do it.
    Dr. Manhattan has vast abilities to control the physical universe, but in the DCU, there's a whole realm of nonphysical properties that he might not be able to affect. Can he interact with the 5th Dimension? The Speed Force? The Rock of Eternity?

His encounters with the more mystical aspects of the DCU might produce some interesting results, and he's never had to deal with anything like that in his native universe.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I think it's going to take the combine power of the JSA & the Authority to stop him.
    The Authority's Doctor can probably solo him.

Really, where is this idea that Doc Manhattan is this supernally powerful being that guys like Superman or even just Firestorm can't just beat up coming from?
    Last edited by Carabas; 06-08-2016 at 12:36 AM.

Astonishing Member

Par(Hal)lax, people forget that Hal as the villain actually won in Zero Hour and recreated the entire multiverse! Or was it just this reality? I would love (and can easily imagine) a Zero Hour like ending where Dr Manhattan, thinking he is in control (just like Extant did) only to get slapped down by a fully powered Par(Hal)lax. I could easily see Geoff doing this especially if Earth one Par(Hal)lax got super charged by a blue ring wielding Green Lantern Hal Jordan. That way new DC>Watchmen, Hope > Despair, Johns > Moore all via Moore's iconic character being laid low by John's basic avatar (Hal Jordan) whose John's work on is largely responsible for his current status.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    the power of Hope.
    Blue Lantern anyone?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Spectacular Member

I'm not sure how it will all play out but as he's not really a villain more the misguided hero I imagine Titans (friendship) will be a hit on his last remaining humanity similar to what's been seen in Watchmen

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    The Authority's Doctor can probably solo him.

Really, where is this idea that Doc Manhattan is this supernally powerful being that guys like Superman or even just Firestorm can't just beat up coming from?
    His near omnipotent control over all matter?

He can snap his finger and atomize Superman/Firestorm.

There are very few chars that can stand against him for more than a second, let stand beat him.
    Last edited by Runarc; 06-20-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I think it would be amusing if there was a writer named Alan Moore in the DC universe, who has the answer to defeating Dr. Manhattan
    LOL -- I think they ought to get "the Author" from Morrison's Animal Man run should do it -- with all the Forgotten Heroes led by Superboy Prime as his vehicle for it.

The Majority of the DCU would struggle to defeat Manhattan... Best Shots aren't in the poll though... top three, Deathstroke (Planning), Batman (Again, planning) and Parallax (Because its Parallax)