Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REPORT: Miles Morales Will Be the Star of Sony's Animated "Spider-Man" Film

The film will reportedly follow Miles Morales, who took on the Spider mantle after the death of the Ultimate Peter Parker in the comics.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I feel nothing.

Is that a bad sign?

This is awesome. I guess this is them throwing us a bone for making Peter white again for the MCU.
    Favorite characters: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Ozymandias, The Riddler, Hellboy, Renee Montoya.

Incredible Member

As a long time fan of miles who's read every comic with him in it from marvel and a long time spider-man fan in general. I wish we got something bigger but I guess this is the best they can do at this time with hem resetting the spider-man movie franchise. I've never liked marvel animated movies period and I've tried watching all of them, they don't catch my attention or anything sadly DC does that better with animated films. I fear they're taking baby steps with miles, from comics, to appearing in the animated spider-man show, moving him to the 616, and now an animated film. While this is a step in the right direction it's not the step everyone wanted. While I agree we need to establish Peter in the marvel cinematic universe for miles to be introduced properly of taking up the mantle this is a small step in the right direction albeit a lackluster one the doesntbfivevkuchbexcitment because we feel he can be used better.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I've never liked marvel animated movies period
    But this is made by Sony so its quality can't be pre-judged based on past Marvel animation.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObsessor View Post
    This is awesome. I guess this is them throwing us a bone for making Peter white again for the MCU.
    When was Peter not white?

If this report is correct then count me in. I think this could be a big opportunity for Marvel/Sony if they can pull it off right.

I hope this report is true and that it turns out to be a good movie.

While I love miles and am excited for the movie, this is so bitter sweet, I was really hoping to finally get peter parker's first animated movie. I can't believe he hasn't had one already.

Greg wiseman had one planned for spectacular where peter was in college, besides that I can't really think of any animated movies he's gotten. it's a shame too because like DC's Batman anmaited movies we could've gotten really great story adaptions like spider-island, kravens last hunt, bigtime ect.

That said I really hope they find a good voice actor for him, they just reused power-man's voice for him in the ultimate spider-man tv show and the performance was very weak.

and please PLEASE! don't at any point call him "Kid Arachnid" like the show...
    I do Comic Art here! - http://iconiciceblog.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post
    While I love miles and am excited for the movie, this is so bitter sweet, I was really hoping to finally get peter parker's first animated movie. I can't believe he hasn't had one already.

Greg wiseman had one planned for spectacular where peter was in college, besides that I can't really think of any animated movies he's gotten. it's a shame too because like DC's Batman anmaited movies we could've gotten really great story adaptions like spider-island, kravens last hunt, bigtime ect.

That said I really hope they find a good voice actor for him, they just reused power-man's voice for him in the ultimate spider-man tv show and the performance was very weak.

I really hated that. At first I was excited that he was on the show and then that happened. Suffice to say I stopped watching after that.

Hope Sony/Marvel stays as far away from that debacle as humanly possible.

First of all the source says the animated movie is NOT connected to the MCU, so how will it exactly co-exist.

So if they are making a trilogy, the first movie could be about the uncle Davis arc, second movie the venom arc, the third movie could be after the year Miles took off and focus on the Brain Trust. If they want to continue they can work with BMB to finish the hydra arc.

But I won't take these scraps Marvel, I want a live action movie or a TV show.

In any case, I'll believe this news when it comes from Deadline, THR, and/or Variety.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    First of all the source says the animated movie is NOT connected to the MCU, so how will it exactly co-exist.

So if they are making a trilogy, the first movie could be about the uncle Davis arc, second movie the venom arc, the third movie could be after the year Miles took off and focus on the Brain Trust. If they want to continue they can work with BMB to finish the hydra arc.

In any case, I'll believe this news when it comes from Deadline, THR, and/or Variety.
    I would guess it would co-exist by being another Spider-Man thing coming out at the same time the live-action movies.

You don't want scraps, but you want a tv shows as opposed to a big budget animated movie?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

They didn't explicitly say it wouldn't be in the MCU. They said it would exist independently of the other live-action Spider-Man projects. They could just mean it's happening in its own corner of the universe like the netflix series. Way too early to know for sure. I'm sure they worded it like that on purpose to keep people guessing and build up hype.

Spectacular Member
    Octavius Core...wishing the doors would open...

Quote Originally Posted by The Ice-Guy View Post

Donald Glover voiced him in the Spider-Verse animated series.

Damn. That basically means that there's a very, very good chance we won't get the classic red and blue costume with the webs. I am assuming they'll have to change around a few things, visually, to distinguish Miles Spider-Man from the Peter Spider-Man.

****. I was really looking forward to classic Spider-Man in an animated movie.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/