Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Predictions: New Titles for Marvel Now

For one I don't think it will be a relaunch with #1s of current ongoings like some people are seemly afraid of. I think it will just be marketing tags for new series and a promotional boost. Anyways...

What are thinking are going to be the new titles for Marvel Now in fall?

Quasar I think for sure, whether a solo book or in a team book idk, but no reason to introduce the new version in Standoff without putting her somewhere. Right before Civil War wouldn't make sense, perhaps she appears in the story, but definitely afterwards.

Possibly a Defenders title to have something out before/around release of netflix show? Possibly same with Cloak & Dagger?

What else do you guys think for new titles for this Marvel Now branding/?

New Avengers relaunched as Secret Avengers.

Contest of Champions cancelled. Ewing move to another mobile tie-in Avengers Academy, starring old faculties (Pym family + New Warriors) and new generation of students.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Incredible Member

I could see some books previously announced/hinted like Blade, Gamora, and Kate as Hawkeye finally happening.

Maybe if Rhodey somehow survives CW2 we'll get a new War Machine book.

Still waiting on that Death's Head book.

-Pav, who assumes you would buy it too, yes...?
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Probably Quasar
    Hopefully a Ghost Rider book
    Jessica Jones
    Defenders
    Gamora
    New Warriors? Maybe? The last one didn't sell so well
    Somewhere for them to dump the classic Guardians of the Galaxy
    A bunch of .1 issues for existing titles
    Another Avengers spinoff
    Another Inhumans spinoff
    Another Xmen spinoff
    Alpha Flight (that's a real longshot though)
    My pull list
    A-Force, All-New Inhuman, All-New All-Different Avengers, Captain America: Sam Wilson, Captain Marvel, Ms. Marvel, New Avengers, The Ultimates, and Weirdworld.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

As someone else has stated a New Avengers relaunch and possibly Secret Avengers seems most logical. I'm personally wanting a new Secret Warriors since Hydra is back and Fury Jr looks to be on the outs with SHIELD. I'm also hoping for some roster shakeups with the X-Men and Avengers books. Quasar might be cool with the right artist. I hope they throw something unexpected and cool out there as well. Something we didn't even know we wanted. Some weird mix of heroes or villains with a unique mission. I want Doom to get an ongoing and I'm hoping for that FF book.

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    I could see some books previously announced/hinted like Blade, Gamora, and Kate as Hawkeye finally happening.
    Oh my yes to the blade book, that was announced ages ago! Gamora too! Where are they?

I'm hoping for a new iron fist book, a Wiccan and hulkling book and a new white tiger series

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Maybe if Rhodey somehow survives CW2 we'll get a new War Machine book.
    oh please oh please oh please
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

New Avengers as mentioned seems likely, or maybe even split it into two books, since I am not sure the team can be brought back together, it may split into New Avengers and Young Avengers. Or maybe the same members as Young Avengers but with a new name, since I think they have outgrown that name... or maybe Wiccan an Hulkling could be acting as mentors?

Vote Loki is only 4 issues according to Comixology, but we have also been told it is 'not really a limited series' so I think it's a safe bet it gets relaunched with a new title after the election, whether he wins or loses. In fact, I think this is one of the few that's a sure thing. Given his history with the Young Avengers, something related to the above with Wiccan and Hulkling may be possible, but I think solo is more likely.

Somewhat related, an Odinson solo book has been teased for a while now.

Jessica Jones with Bendis writing has been teased as well

Now that we know what happened to him, I think a Bruce Banner book would make sense

Quasar as mentioned does seem likely after introducing the new one.

Gamora has been delayed so long they may have just decided to push it back to this new Marvel Now.

A Mighty Avengers launch with the former Young Avengers getting together.

Mighty Avengers - Kate Bishop, Wiccan (leaders), Stinger (Cassie), Hulkling, SPEED (like seriously where tf is Tommy), Miss America and maybe Prodigy (depends on the status of mutants post-Death of X)
    I would really like a Nick Fury series that sprawls from the fallout in the Civil War II: Choosing Sides tie-in. It would be pretty nice.
    If She-Hulk survives Civil War II, can we please get her hooked up with a decent artist and writer? Take Bendis off of Guardians of the Galaxy and put him on a She-Hulk comic with Olivier Coipel. Shoot, even add Hellcat and Jessica Jones with her. Tag-team Dan Abnett and Al Ewing on the Guardians of the Galaxy with the current line-up (sans Kitty Pryde and Captain Marvel) plus Mantis, MOONDRAGON, Cosmo, Jack Flag, and a resurrected Phyla-Vell.

What I want but don't expect: Spectrum (Monica Rambeau) solo series, Patriot led Young Avengers, Runaways to return, SWORD or Abigail Brand series, Jubilee reverts to her OG plasmoid powered self.

I predict

Jessica Jones (hopefully under the adult rating)
    Cloak and Dagger
    Wasp solo series
    Maybe another Secret Warriors and Agent Carter series?
    Daughter of the Dragons
    Last edited by Muffin Crud; 05-28-2016 at 12:24 AM.

I'm really, really, really hoping for a Miss America solo. It's something that has a definite base level of support. There are multiple creators who've expressed a desire to do the book. She hits three diversity checkmarks - female, Latina, lesbian - while also having a very strong hook, with her ability to travel between realities. The fact that she debuted with over a decade of off-panel experience allows for limitless exploration of things she's seen, and for things she's done to come back and bite her in the ass. She's a physical powerhouse, which can make for some great action sequences. She's got a strong personality, and presents as aggressive but has a very clear desire to help rather than hurt, and has quite a few layers to be explored. She has ties to the Young Avengers and the Ultimates, giving her a nice selection of characters who can be brought in as guest stars.

She is such a natural choice to be given a solo title. So I'm desperate for Marvel to finally give her one, and Marvel Now 2: Electric Boogaloo would be a logical time to do it.

Spectacular Member

Hoping Odinson gets his own book.

Spectacular Member parker stark's Avatar

Hoping for a book with Reed Richards & co. that leads to a return of FF. Probably only wishful thinking though.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible Adult