All-New Member

Question Dc rebirth help pls?

I am new to comics and I'm struggling to get a grasp on where to start and what's what. Since the beginning of rebirth I noticed that almost every character has 2 rebirth series (e.g. Batman: rebirth #1 and Batman #1 (which also says rebirth on it's cover)). You may see how for a beginner like me this may be very confusing, and was wondering what the difference is between the two is and if there's a preference for either one of the two. I no I r no0b plez elp.

Quote Originally Posted by jgalvez View Post
    I noticed that almost every character has 2 rebirth series (e.g. Batman: rebirth #1 and Batman #1 (which also says rebirth on it's cover)).
    Don't worry about being a noob. You're interested in comics, which is a great place to be! To clear it up for you, the issues like Batman: Rebirth #1 are going to be one-shot issues only. Then they will be followed up with an ongoing series starting at issue #1 (i.e., Batman #1). Each of the "Rebirth" one-shot issues should be an excellent place to start though, because those stories are meant to be an introduction of sorts to each character and their upcoming story arcs (sort of like a #0 issue). So Batman: Rebirth #1 is going to focus on Batman facing the Calendar Man, and will probably showcase Batman's detective skills, gadgets, and supporting cast in a fun one-off story. If you're looking to save a little money though, just wait until the regular #1 issues come out for each series. That's where DC says the ongoing story arcs will actually begin. Hope that helps?

If you're new to comics, DC rebirth isn't for you.

(If you're legit, other people will help you. I sense you're making a point, so I knocked out what you set up.)

Quote Originally Posted by superheroes for hire View Post
    Don't worry about being a noob. You're interested in comics, which is a great place to be! To clear it up for you, the issues like Batman: Rebirth #1 are going to be one-shot issues only. Then they will be followed up with an ongoing series starting at issue #1 (i.e., Batman #1). Each of the "Rebirth" one-shot issues should be an excellent place to start though, because those stories are meant to be an introduction of sorts to each character and their upcoming story arcs (sort of like a #0 issue). So Batman: Rebirth #1 is going to focus on Batman facing the Calendar Man, and will probably showcase Batman's detective skills, gadgets, and supporting cast in a fun one-off story. If you're looking to save a little money though, just wait until the regular #1 issues come out for each series. That's where DC says the ongoing story arcs will actually begin. Hope that helps?
    Pretty much this, the Rebirth #1 issues are more of an introduction/bridge between the previous series, and then the actual series will start at the #1. I'd probably recommend picking up the Rebirth issues for the series your interested, but if you don't you should have no trouble starting at the actual #1 issues either.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by superheroes for hire View Post
    Thanks so much! This has actually really helped me

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Pretty much this, the Rebirth #1 issues are more of an introduction/bridge between the previous series, and then the actual series will start at the #1. I'd probably recommend picking up the Rebirth issues for the series your interested, but if you don't you should have no trouble starting at the actual #1 issues either.
    Thank you! I'm confident I understand it now!

All-New Member

Thanks, but I'm really willing to get into it and yeah I do have the support of others in person to guide me as well as the two helpful previous posts. I think I'm doing just fine.