Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default where is the REAL Bart Allen???

So I have been wondering...the New 52 had Bar Torr...that was NOT Bart Allen. We have Barry, the REAL Wally West is back, and the New 52 Wally West. Will we see the REAL Bart Allen return in Rebirth? Anyone else wondering the same thing?

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Robin 457 View Post
    So I have been wondering...the New 52 had Bar Torr...that was NOT Bart Allen. We have Barry, the REAL Wally West is back, and the New 52 Wally West. Will we see the REAL Bart Allen return in Rebirth? Anyone else wondering the same thing?
    Yep. Also been wanting to see Max Mercury, Walter West, and Wally's dog for just this shy of what seems forever.

Bar Torr was a dirty insult to my sensibilities. Hated that. We need a reborn Bart to clean our palates. A fun Bart more akin to Impulse than the more broody dark years before DC52 came calling.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member

The new Flash writer, Joshua Williamson, was a big fan of Impulse growing up, so hopefully we'll see him eventually.

Extraordinary Member

He and Superboy (Kon-el) are probably stuck waiting until their parent franchises stabilize before they'll reappear. Flash looks poised to finally make that expansion that Johns planned for it, but still with only one dedicated Flash book.

I do hope that hen Bart returns, it's as Bart Allen, Impulse, fully embracing the differences between himself and the other speedsters.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

In Rebirth? Probably not. They'd have given some indication if that would happen, and they already blew their surprise returning speedster load with Wally. I'm expecting him and his partner in character assassination Kon El to show up in the 2nd wave of new series, next year probably.

After a bit of searching... I found the REAL Bart Allen!
    Is there a reward?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The new Flash writer, Joshua Williamson, was a big fan of Impulse growing up, so hopefully we'll see him eventually.
    I'd wager that we'll probably see him towards the very end of Rebirth. I very much doubt that the DCU will be reset to exactly what it was before Flashpoint. Things will change. Other characters will be reintroduced. I don't think 10 years will actually be added to the timeline because it would make all characters older than they were before Flashpoint. I certainly hope that isn't the case.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, I think Impulse will be re-introduced from scratch, much like Jackson Hyde and Ryan Choi were.

Bart Allen is trapped in the Speed Force. He's trying to get out so that he can warn everyone of an impending…

…what do you mean, “it's been done before”?

Seriously though, I'd like to see him re-introduced from scratch, possibly in the pages of Legion of Superheroes (along with his cousin, XS, and their parents, the Tornado Twins).
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 05-28-2016 at 08:36 AM.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Where is the real Bart Allen?

Answer: Limbo

Hopefully Didio's satisfied now that there is a Wally West/Kid Flash so Bart can come back and be Bart.

Incredible Member

Well take into account that there still has to be a Bart Allen. This is the Pre52 Universe after all. Bart Allen did exist. Where is he, is the question?

I miss Bart and Impulse terribly. However, I don't think we will see him anytime soon. Maybe in a year if we're lucky.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

All-New Member

They should make Bart the key to fixing everything. He's supposed to be immune to timeline changes so he could theoretically come to the New 52 Earth/Timeline and not get rebooted like Wally did.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Well, I don't there's been a "real" Bart Allen since they changed him from Impulse to Kid Flash. Hopefully if they bring him back, we'll get him in his original guise and personality.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.