Default The Kryptonian Birthing Matrix

This why the Death of Superman Becomes problematic without this piece of Superlore, it's a necessary element to the story or Superman's Resurrection doesn't work. You need also need The Cyborg Superman, The Eradicator and Mae herself to pull it all off.

You need the Eradicator to Steal Clark's Body to place it in the Birthing Matrix to Recharge himself leading to his reanimation, You also need the Eradicator to get shield Superman from From Henshaw's Kryptonite Blast with instantly
    recharges Clark to Full strength.

You need Mea to Pretend to be Clark for an extended period of Time for medical reasons, Hell even Henshaw needs the Matrix to fuse Clark's DNA into himself to create the Cyborg Superman and fool scanners. No Cyborg Superman no Destroyed Coast City, No Destroyed Coast City no Zero Hour and so on.

By losing The Kryptonian Birthing Matrix you practically gutted the Story of Death of Superman. But to have the Birthing Matrix in play means Kal-El can't be born on Krypton. It's a Catch Twenty two for anyone who wants to tell a new Superman origin and keep everything in continuity.
    Last edited by Lokimaru; 05-27-2016 at 09:25 PM.

The Eradicator does not store Superman in the birthing matrix. He's healed in a regeneration matrix that was in the Fortress; they are two completely different devices. The birthing matrix had been destroyed (taken over by Hank Henshaw's consciousness as a vessel for him to blast off into parts unknown), well before the Death of Superman. That he had become one with the birthing matrix is why, when he returned in the Reign storyline as Cyborg Superman, that his metals and tissue were testing as Kryptonian in origin.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

You don't really 'need' a Birthing Matrix; just say he healed under the yellow sun anyway. That's basically how it's already remembered.
    Buh-bye

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    You don't really 'need' a Birthing Matrix; just say he healed under the yellow sun anyway. That's basically how it's already remembered.
    New 52 Superman's Fortress technology seemed more advanced than post-Crisis Superman's, so I suppose he could probably use this device in the end as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    The Eradicator does not store Superman in the birthing matrix. He's healed in a regeneration matrix that was in the Fortress; they are two completely different devices. The birthing matrix had been destroyed (taken over by Hank Henshaw's consciousness as a vessel for him to blast off into parts unknown), well before the Death of Superman. That he had become one with the birthing matrix is why, when he returned in the Reign storyline as Cyborg Superman, that his metals and tissue were testing as Kryptonian in origin.
    But you still need the Birthing Matrix to get Henshaw Cyborg Superman, there still use to be a CLEAR progression of things.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I don't get it. Can't there just be a different way all of these things happen? Can't Henshaw become Cyborg Superman another way?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    But you still need the Birthing Matrix to get Henshaw Cyborg Superman, there still use to be a CLEAR progression of things.
    But why do things need to have to happen exactly the same? If New 52 Superman comes back, it can and likely will be by completely different means. He already died by completely different means.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I don't get it. Can't there just be a different way all of these things happen? Can't Henshaw become Cyborg Superman another way?
    Of course he can, because under comic book logic, the possibilities are endless.

I'm guessing this thread is more in reference to the inconsistencies that the three origins of PreFlashpoint-Superman result in? If everything actually happened the same way, then a lot of things in the Pre-Flashpoint Superman's history just doesn't add up.

I'm guessing we're supposed to take it that it *mostly* happened the same way, since even though the Sterile Krypton was dead two times over in that continuity, there was still an Eradicator running around - and a Cyborg Superman, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    But why do things need to have to happen exactly the same? If New 52 Superman comes back, it can and likely will be by completely different means. He already died by completely different means.
    That's not what I'm Talking about I'm talking about his Death in General, It took A very Special set of Circumstances for preCrises Superman to come back that the Birth Right and Secret Origin Reboots never touched on. I actually wasn't even speculating on how nu52 Superman could potentially come back. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I'm guessing this thread is more in reference to the inconsistencies that the three origins of PreFlashpoint-Superman result in? If everything actually happened the same way, then a lot of things in the Pre-Flashpoint Superman's history just doesn't add up.

I'm guessing we're supposed to take it that it *mostly* happened the same way, since even though the Sterile Krypton was dead two times over in that continuity, there was still an Eradicator running around - and a Cyborg Superman, obviously.
    Yeah This in a nutshell, Guess Hunt and Peck typing doesn't let you express yourself as well.

This is a different story. None of this needs to happen at all. This isn't "Death of Superman"

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

This inconsistency was brought up in another thread but nothing has been explained about the possible return of New 52 Superman yet

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    This inconsistency was brought up in another thread but nothing has been explained about the possible return of New 52 Superman yet
    That's not really the point of the thread though - he's talking about how Superdad could possibly be alive - because when Superdad was retconned twice in the old continuity, that meant that the circumstances that allowed him to return to life - NO LONGER EXISTED!

Hence, the thread is about how convoluted Superdad is, and why all of those continuity-merges doesn't work.