Super Moderator

Default LOOK: Benes' "Batman" #1 Variant Cover Pits the Dark Knight against the Joker

In Ed Benes' variant cover for "Batman" #1, the Dark Knight holds the Joker by the throat against the Gotham city skyline.

Full article here.

This joker is the worst of the 3, sure.. he will be the only one of the 3 to go ahead, after the next saga batman-jokers

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

If you squint hard enough, you can see Benes trying to draw Batgirl's ass.

I kid, I love Benes most of the time. But I'm kinda over the Joker for a while. Snyder used him really well, but this 3-joker bs... I can't see it being anything other than Johns trying to get out of the corner he wrote himself into, and poor Tom King will have to make do
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian View Post
    If you squint hard enough, you can see Benes trying to draw Batgirl's ass.

I kid, I love Benes most of the time. But I'm kinda over the Joker for a while. Snyder used him really well, but this 3-joker bs... I can't see it being anything other than Johns trying to get out of the corner he wrote himself into, and poor Tom King will have to make do
    I know you were just kidding, but I personally love it when Benes draws an ass. The man knows how to draw a damn fine ass.

007 girl.

I'm getting a copy
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

BANNED

That`s...generic.

This comment therein does not qualify as an attack on the ability of the artist and the rest of the creatice staff behind the conception of the cover, whatsoever. It`s just simply generic for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    That`s...generic.

This comment therein does not qualify as an attack on the ability of the artist and the rest of the creatice staff behind the conception of the cover, whatsoever. It`s just simply generic for my taste.
    Batman does look bored, and Joker doesn't really look like he's . . . interested.

= yawn! =

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Remember how there was one Joker who got his face cut off, got it back, and plagued Batman in Death of a Family? Then "Joker" came back with his face magically attached, which gave us no explanation on how he got it back. I think the Jokers were switched out at that time. Maybe The Joker theory about Pre-Crisis, Post Crisis, and New 52 aren't as true as we thought.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this yet, but Remember how there was one Joker who got his face cut off, got it back, and plagued Batman in Death of a Family? Then "Joker" came back with his face magically attached, which gave us no explanation on how he got it back. I think the Jokers were switched out at that time. Maybe The Joker theory about Pre-Crisis, Post Crisis, and New 52 aren't as true as we thought.
    I thought he got it back via the Lazarus Pit after Batman knocked him off the cliff?

What I want to know, however, is how he got his face back from Joker's Daughter. If I recall, she had the face actually sewn onto her skin.