Default Will Miles Morales Be The Focus of the 2018 Spider-Man Animated Film?

This just popped up on my timeline. I'm skeptical, but if its true that would be pretty awesome.

If the sources are right Miles would be the main character of the 2018 Spider-Man animated film. The project will supposedly exist independently of the project in the Live-Action Spider-Man universe. If it holds true I'd be considerably more excited for the animated film. But for now it's a rumor.

http://heroichollywood.com/miles-mor...ider-man-film/
    Last edited by Greekfire13; 05-27-2016 at 12:08 PM.

If the rumor is true, I'll be glad that Miles story will reach a wider audience, but an animated movie seems like scraps when a lot of comic material is being made into live action, but baby steps and all that I guess.

by animated feature film, do they mean a dvd thing like how DC does their semi-annual batman / justice league cartoon releases (son of batman, JL:War, Killing Joke, etc) or are we talkin about a fancy theatrical release, like 3d animation?

Quote Originally Posted by Rumble View Post
    by animated feature film, do they mean a dvd thing like how DC does their semi-annual batman / justice league cartoon releases (son of batman, JL:War, Killing Joke, etc) or are we talkin about a fancy theatrical release, like 3d animation?
    Fancy theatrical release. I don't think it's 3d animation, but it has A-list directors.

http://www.avclub.com/article/phil-l...ted-spi-218435
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Fancy theatrical release. I don't think it's 3d animation, but it has A-list directors.

http://www.avclub.com/article/phil-l...ted-spi-218435
    Ok... now that has me very excited for it. Thank you sir.

Altho i hope they do strongly consider going the 3d cgi animation route, or whatever the technical term is for all the pixar / dreamworks / rovio animation type flicks. Bc it'd be a little weird seeing a big budget 2d cartoon in theaters in 2018 imo, while conversley it would be crazy fun to see miles and other marvel characters 3D-rendered. <-- And i think the movie would do major bank if it got presented that way, which would make Miles even more of a household name.

One issue I have with the rumor is that it seems to be badly sourced. But it could be a good idea as a way to differentiate the Spider-Man film franchises in a way that casual filmgoers can understand.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Would be interesting if true, but I'm not going to hold my breathe.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

If it's Miles Morales, they probably do have to get Donald Glover again for it.

I wonder what kind of story they'd have (IE- Is this a world where the Peter Parker Spider-Man is dead?)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

While the aspect of that is indeed intruiging (i absolutely adore Miles) i would prefer to see a proper closure to the saga that begun with ASM 1!
    The franchise suffers from quite a lot of unfinished stories: Animated's unresolved plot with the missing Mary Jane, Unlimited's open issue with the Counter Earth and now the ASM's unfinished Sinister Six story.
    For once, they owe us to give a proper closure with something.

I wouldn’t be offended if this movie’s Spidey was Miles but I severely doubt it. This would be the “first” time that a major animated motion picture came out about Spider-Man. My guess is that Marvel wants to exploit the Peter Parker saga first and foremost. Adapting Miles’ story would present some issues, such as:
    Do they base this off the original Ultimate timeline, where Ult. Peter Parker dies? If so, it’s a “heavy” plot device for a “kids” animated film (yes, yes, I know…)
    How much, if any, do they pull from the now-ongoing merger of Miles in the traditional Marvel Earth?
    What villains?
    What supporting characters? Would they include the backstory to Miles’ dad working for SHIELD and how uncle Aaron ended up becoming a crook?
    How much, if any, do they delve into the “political” context of Miles as Spider-Man? (does he promote himself as a minority role-model or does he just want to be accepted as “simply” Spider-Man.)

If Avi Arad and Mr. Tolmach are still involved as influence-wielding producers (and not just contractual titles), they went on record during the Garfield era that they were only interested in Peter Parker, no Miles, no Miguel. So the co-agendas of the executive team has yet to be seen.

BANNED

If it is Miles, I imagine they're gonna tweak his origin a little.