Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Ed Hannigan!!!

Spectacular Spider-Man #62 Jan 1982
    "Gold Fever!"
    The Maggia hires the Gold Bug to steal gold bullion from the Empire State University physics building.

When the gold-seeking villain busts into the laboratory, an ESU grad student happens to be inside conducting a radiation experiment on the gold.

It's too bad for the Gold Bug that the grad student happens to be...the Amazing Spider-Man!

Script by Bill Mantlo. Art by Ed Hannigan (breakdowns) http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_ed_hannigan/ and Jim Mooney (finishes).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    i feel like Morbius should have an ongoing series featuring either The Midnight Sons or just a couple of Monsterous or freaky characters .
    Not a bad suggestion imo.

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Not a bad suggestion imo.
    I second it!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Oh, and here's an interesting one of the Sinister Six fighting Batman that I thought would be cool to share

It is! Thanks for sharing!

BANNED

Default Happy Birthday Bob Hall!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #222 Nov 1981
    "Faster than the Eye!"

Spidey vs. Speed Demon

Flashback cameos by the Grandmaster, Thor, Goliath, and Captain America.

Script by Bill Mantlo. Pencils by Bob Hall http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....hday_bob_hall/. Inks by Jim Mooney.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 01-03-2019 at 04:29 AM.

BANNED

Amazing Spider-Man #237 Feb 1983
    "High & Mighty!"

Spidey vs. Stilt-Man

Plot by Roger Stern. Script by Bill Mantlo. Art by Bob Hall (breakdowns) and Frank Giacoia (finishes).

BANNED

you know, it's be really cool if Marvel and DC did the whole crossover mini series again. i mean imagine Modock and Lex Luthor working together and Mysterio messing with Batman or if Daredevil fought with The Joker or if Galactus tried to destroy every planet and it's up to the Green Lantern Corps to stop him and with the help of a few Cosmic characters from Marvel .
    Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Imagine the Monster Trinity and the Legion of Monsters crossover. Or the incursions and Injustice.
    and imagine if The Riddler tried to outsmart Tony Stark or if Moon Knight fought The Joker and Ra Shal Ghul or if Thor went to Themeyscera or if Deadpool met with The Joker and Harley Quinn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    That would be cool. I would actually like to see what would happen if, for like a few months, they traded villains between the respective heroes rogues galleries. For example, say Doc Ock or Venom crossed over into the DC universe for a year and came into conflict with Batman and Poison Ivy then crossed over into the Marvel Universe for that same time period and became a Spider-Man villain. It'd be really interesting to see how that'd play out and see Batman and Spider-Man try to figure out a way to get said villains back in their home universes.
    indeed, seeing Poison Ivy seduce characters like Spidey, Wolverine and Carol Danvers would be good. i like to see spidey just overcome her or just try to charm her at the end .
    Geez! Now I'd really like the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Fox Universe and DC Extended Universe strike a deal ala MCU and Sony so very much!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Has the Looter retired yet?
    Hope not to me, a fun character.

Hope not to me, a fun character.
    I semi-remember him being at a villains anonymous meeting; in his last appearance. that would imply him trying to get out of the biz (most likely due to Superior Spider-man). but I think he backslid in the very same story.

edit: I just checked. he appeared to be back in action in a later story; schemes foiled by Spider-man (Parker) and Silk. oh and I think he's under symbiote control, currently. I'm not reading the current venom-mayhem-centric stuff.

on the left
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-02-2018 at 02:55 PM.

To me it was brilliant the way Kurt Busiek wrote him when launching The Thunderbolts with Mark Bagley in 1997.

The Beetle has a female predeccessor
    not that I know of. but there have been at least 2 female Beetles.

unrelated but I wish that Overdrive would unretire
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 02-02-2018 at 02:59 PM.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

Looter makes an appearance in the next issue of Venom:

http://www.thevenomsite.com/2018/02/...#disqus_thread
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

https://www.cbr.com/unbeatable-squir...ens-last-hunt/

Don’t know why this article is a thing. Everything in the Squirrel Girl title is goofy and continuity is very much ignored in the book. (For those who don’t know, Kraven has been featured in the Squirrel Girl book for months as a joke. Then the latest issue had him fighting and trying to kill Spider-Man as he usually does, but Squirrel Girl idiotically stops Spider-Man from fighting back, claiming he is actually a good guy. She then hugs him and he puts on a mask, calling himself the “Unbeatable Sergei.”) Kraven is a menacing, stonecold villain, obsessed with killing Spider-Man as his prey, killed his wife, and just a few months ago tried to kill Captain America. He’s a great villain and a substantial threat, yet he’s treated as a joke in the Squirrel Girl book, which is portraying him as a good guy. So, why pretend this is some sort of epilogue to “Kraven’s Last Hunt?” This is the same book that portrayed Drax as an alien that takes metaphors literally, by the way.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Stan Lee had a funny anecdote when he went to the White House with people dressed as Spider-Man and the Green Goblin.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/hottopi...e-white-house/
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets