Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday John Marc DeMatteis!!!

Thanks for your writing of Kraven the Hunter, Vermin The Ratman, Nocturne Angela Cairn and Puma Thomas Fireheart
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index...._jm_dematteis/

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Keith Pollard!!!

Amazing! Why aren't more Bronze Age guys doing books nowadays since their work is still spectacular!
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/keith-pollard/4040-4300/

Beetle was my original favorite Spider-man villain. and it's mostly because of that Sinister Syndicate storyline where Leila Davis recruited Boomerang, Shocker, and Rhino. it was great to see behind the scenes of a "day-in-the-life" of working class costumed villains. I really appreciated Abe's internal conflict over what he was doing; screwing over Boomerang and working for Fisk behind everyone's backs. Morrie and James seemed like they'd be fun to hang out with, too.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Who wants to see this guy again ?

I'm not sure but is the above depicted character The Master Of Vengeance?

At least the same costume color scheme

Was anyone a fan of the Foreigner? I like how smooth he was despite being a scumbag. He was pretty strong and even possessed a peculiar ability to skip time.

I'd like to see him return someday.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post

I don't think so, if I remember correctly that's Fusion
    "The preceding announcement has been paid for by the new World order"

It's Fusion from Peter Parker Spider-Man #30-32, one of the best Spider-Man comics from a good decade.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Here's a Romita Sr image, with some weird takes on Scorpion and Lizard.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Lizard looks about as you'd expect him to look, I'm more distracted by Felicia's hair .

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Greg Larocque!!!

Marvel Team-Up #138 Feb 1984
    "Starting Over!"
    After a long conversation with Ben Grimm in Marvel Two-in-One #86, the Sandman decided to give up his criminal ways and instead attempt to lead a normal law-abiding life.

Now several months later, Spider-Man's long-time foe is struggling to make ends meet.
    Meanwhile, the Kingpin's right-hand man, the Arranger, re-organizes the Enforcers to better control an extortion operation in Brooklyn.

When the Enforcers rough up a Brooklyn store owner who also happens to be Flint Marko's landlord,

the Sandman goes after Fancy Dan, Hammer, Montana, Snake Marston, and the Ox!

Script by Tom DeFalco. Art by Greg LaRocque (breakdowns) and Mike Esposito (finishes).
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....greg_larocque/
    http://talesfromthekryptonian.blogsp...g-laroque.html

how many villains from the 80s era are still around?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Slug

When first seeing the cover, I'd genuinely thought it's a book, where Spidey actually faces off against a fellow so big, he makes the Kingpin look skinny. Sadly, when I bought it, opened it up, there was no interaction against, or even with, each other, Spidey may have just only beaten up some of his men. The Slug, operating via phone from a distance, in his palace-like backyard pool, being what I would dig about him.

Ulysses S Lugman. Occupation: Crimelord, Druglord of Miami, Florida. He's a being so obese, that he requires a specialized mobile chair for mobilization, and eat large quantities of food to survive. His base of operations in which he primarily lords in was a palace-like pool area, filled with criminals, women, and drugs, to make the place a hotbed of crime and sins. Loves to party in it too.

Other words, he's a human analogy, of Star Wars' Jabba the Hutt. A buddy of mine, while I pointed out a cover with him while shopping, instantly told me "So he's Jabba the Hutt" before even I ever thought about it. But, yeah, he was.

What absolutely slays me about him, was the manner in which he dispatched those he felt has failed him. He asphyxiates, smothers them to death within the folds of his flesh. Yes, Kingpin was drawn to be pretty "fat" looking, but again and again, he explains it as "all muscle". The Blob, drawn to be pretty fat, even bullets, enemies' punches and kicks been absorbed by his sponginess, but he's got his mutant explanations of controlling his own gravity as well to back him more than just being a fat guy. Slug, well, he's just fat, and he clearly embraces it, with savage, sadistic creativity.

That.Is.Just.Awesome.

He's been more of a Captain America, Nomad, Poison (Miami-based heroine, also happened to be introduced that Web of Spider-Man Annual), and Daredevil, due to the fact he is, after all, also a criminal underworld figure, enemy. Spider-Man appearances of him that I am aware of: Web of Spider-Man Annual #4 (1988), Spider-Man #73-74 (1996).

Current Status, unfortunately: Bankrupt, Imprisoned. Even recent information reveals his great obeseness, in that he is a mutant (boo!, in that he is not just a really, really, fat ordinary human being!).
    Wow! Thanks for the info! I only knew of 616 Slug as an adversary of 616 Jack Monroe aka Nomad!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    during both TASM and Homecoming's productions i thought it would be a good idea to use Peter's old sociopathic bully, Carl King AKA The Thousand.

but due to the character being very graphic for both audiances of the two series we likely won't see him. however i believe we could still see the guy but we don't know when and how.
    Man, I'd looooovvvve to see this character pop up on screen one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Moral_Gutpunch View Post
    Morbius is my favorite (very obviously), though I feel Morbius is less of a Spider-Man rogue and more of his own character.

I really like him because of how much impact he can have or cause to another character, specially Spider-Man.
    It's sad to me that Morbius is a Spider-Man rogue because I won't ever get to see him in live action on any of the Marvel NetFlix series

Incredible Member Moral_Gutpunch's Avatar

It's sad to me that Morbius is a Spider-Man rogue because I won't ever get to see him in live action on any of the Marvel NetFlix series
    Didn't Marvel recently rebuy the rights to Blade (and thus Morbius)? People go wild about the idea of a Midnight Sons or Legion of Monsters show on Netflix over on reddit.