Amazing Member

Default About madelyne pryor

Was madelyne's feelings to scott really true or only something atumatic to make a son ?
    I remember phoenix told to scott madelyne was never really in love with him
    and also she had an affair with alex and seemed to be in love with him

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jeanandscott View Post
    Was madelyne's feelings to scott really true or only something atumatic to make a son ?
    I remember phoenix told to scott madelyne was never really in love with him
    and also she had an affair with alex and seemed to be in love with him

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    This don't really explain a lot
    like she had a lot of lovers but at end still seemed obssesed with scott but at end she ended up saying she never really loves scott
    Maybe this was just a writter's mistake and I'm thinking too much in this lol sorry

BANNED

Here ya go! You need to read or reread "Inferno" again. Canon clearly states that Mr. Sinister programmed Madelyne to fall in love (She didn't have a choice in the beginning) with Scott Summers (See: Uncanny X-Men #241, and X-Factor v1 #38) -- but, with the rebirth of her genetic template Jean Grey; Scott flat leaving her and their baby when he learned of her return, her attempted murder by the Marauders combined with the manipulative machination of N'astirh and S'ym that programming was broken and she went Dark Phoenix on everyone... If Maddie ended up saying she never really loved Scott, there were several damn good reasons why.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-28-2016 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

In the beginning Madelyne honestly believed her feelings were real, as Claremont intended. She knew nothing of Sinister's machinations til much later.

As for Maddie and Alex, he was there for her when she needed someone; but I don't believe she would have acted on her feelings without the demonic influence. They were both on the rebound.

When did Phoenix tell Scott that Madelyne never really loved him?
    Last edited by Anodyne; 05-28-2016 at 08:09 PM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    In the beginning Madelyne honestly believed her feelings were real, as Claremont intended. She knew nothing of Sinister's machinations til much later.
    Isn't that what I just said
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-28-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Amazing Member

As for Maddie and Alex, he was there for her when she needed someone; but I don't believe she would have acted on her feelings without the demonic influence. They were both on the rebound.

When did Phoenix tell Scott that Madelyne never really loved him?
    Uncanny X-Men issue 511
    Phoenix says something like "Madelyne Pryor" but since Phoenix could be just lying to scott to make him mad I got confused
    So at end Madelyne really never loved Scott, it's kinda confusing given hte fact she still seems obssesed with im (to the point of pretending to be Emma only to make sex with him)

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Canon clearly states that Mr. Sinister programmed Madelyne to fall in love (She didn't have a choice in the beginning) with Scott Summers
    Being a clone genetically programmed to love somebody doesn't mean that your feelings are not true --just means (as ZNOP stated) that you have scarcely a choice to feel otherwise. Ergo: Madelyne really loved Scott. As a matter of fact, what I doubt is that Scott really loved Madelyne.

ZNOP is being recognized as some of authority? The guy who uses Comic Sans? What a time to be alive.

BANNED

Uncanny X-Men issue 511
    Phoenix says something like "Madelyne Pryor" but since Phoenix could be just lying to scott to make him mad I got confused
    So at end Madelyne really never loved Scott, it's kinda confusing given hte fact she still seems obssesed with im (to the point of pretending to be Emma only to make sex with him)
    There is no precedence for the Phoenix Force ever being a lying cosmic entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Badger View Post
    ZNOP is being recognized as some of authority? The guy who uses Comic Sans? What a time to be alive.
    It's a comic book forum, therefore I use the "Comic Sans MS" font... Don't hate just because I'm consistent
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-29-2016 at 01:12 PM.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

I'm not recognizing ZNOP as authority. I'm just saying that I agree with his/her post. Maybe I made a bad choice using the word 'state'?

BANNED

No, you didn't make a "bad choice" -- your being trolled solely for agreeing with me.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 05-30-2016 at 07:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Being a clone genetically programmed to love somebody doesn't mean that your feelings are not true --just means (as ZNOP stated) that you have scarcely a choice to feel otherwise. Ergo: Madelyne really loved Scott. As a matter of fact, what I doubt is that Scott really loved Madelyne.
    For that matter, do any of us really get to choose with whom we'll fall in love? We can choose whom we'll marry (or have an affair with), but IMHO we can't control whom we'll find attractive.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

BANNED

You're back♥♥♥