View Poll Results: Preferred status of classic Robin suit

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • It should be retconned out of history - NOBODY ever wore that suit.

24 24.74%
  • Leave it in the past: it's part of history, but don't ever revive it.

64 65.98%
  • It should be revived for active duty.

9 9.28%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

I love the OG Robin costume, I think it's iconic. I can understand people who think it hasn't aged well though. I think if it remained Dicks Robin suit and the others got more modern suits, I could live with that.

Astonishing Member

I really don't get it, there was such a fuss kicked up over appropriate Superhero wear, why are we trying to cling to the old Robin suit?
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

I'm sure someone has already said this, but...I'd like to see Dick still wearing the original suit.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    I really don't get it, there was such a fuss kicked up over appropriate Superhero wear, why are we trying to cling to the old Robin suit?
    The old Robin suit is a part of the character's history. Some feel there's no need to change it in flashbacks and completely remove it from past stories.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    You will never hear me complain about appropriate superhero wear.

Super Heroes should look like they're Superheroes. Let them wear tights, capes, trunks, pirate boots, domino masks, spandex, and all that stuff.
    Why would you want your heroes to look like some tactile special ops unit or extreme sports team?

NOTE: This thread was started in May of 2016.
    --------------------------------
    With 83 people having voted,
    * Leave it in the past: it's part of history, but don't ever revive it = 58 votes (+ 15)
    * It should be retconned out of history - NOBODY ever wore that suit = 18 votes (+ 6)
    * It should be revived for active duty = 7 vote (+ 4)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    You will never hear me complain about appropriate superhero wear.

Super Heroes should look like they're Superheroes. Let them wear tights, capes, trunks, pirate boots, domino masks, spandex, and all that stuff.
    Why would you want your heroes to look like some tactile special ops unit or extreme sports team?
    100% agree! The more outlandish and 'unique' the better.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I think if anything it can be a costume that he debuts in and wears for like 1 or weeks before Batman finally steps in and is like .....we need to change it up a little and he transitions into tights.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Thing is ally you basically had to do, would be to add thighs to the design and it would look fine (at least for flashbacks). You could even keep the "scaly underpants".

It has certain charm to it but it should never be brought up again.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

NOTE: This thread was started in May of 2016.
    --------------------------------
    With 88 people having voted,
    * Leave it in the past: it's part of history, but don't ever revive it = 60 votes (+ 2)
    * It should be retconned out of history - NOBODY ever wore that suit = 20 votes (+ 2)
    * It should be revived for active duty = 8 votes (+ 1)

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

The original classic costume should definitely be Grayson and Jason's Robin uniform. And I would be fine if it were brought back for the comics now.

Tim had his own different costume, same with Damian, so I'm fine leaving those be.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Leave it and retcon it. It's one of the worst costumes ever. I mean who would send anyone let alone a child to fight wearing something like that......