Default Anyone seen the Pennyworth TV show?

Just realized it debuted two days ago. Is it any good?

I'm mildly curious, but I don't even know what the Epix network is or where to watch it. I'm sure I could figure it out in 5 minutes of googling, but I don't know if I care enough to bother.
    Just re-reading my old collection, filling in the occasional gap with back issues, not buying anything new.

Currently working my way through 1990's Flash, Impulse, and JLA, and occasional other related stuff.

Incredible Member

Never have, never will. I am disgusted and infuriated that DC keeps churning out piles of Batman-related crap while "Swamp Thing" was cancelled after only one season.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    Never have, never will. I am disgusted and infuriated that DC keeps churning out piles of Batman-related crap while "Swamp Thing" was cancelled after only one season.
    Guess that means you won't be watch the Harley Quinn animated show...

Amazing Member

I watched the first episode free on Amazon. The tone is distinct - post-war, British and with a quasi-60's Avengers beat to it. And zeppelins! Also, people in stocks or body cages undergoing punishment but never recognized by any characters - they just walk by. It is violent (some torture) if that puts you off. I'm undecided if it's worth my buying yet another subscription.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    Guess that means you won't be watch the Harley Quinn animated show...
    Correct. I don't watch garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by DoodleMaster View Post
    I watched the first episode free on Amazon. The tone is distinct - post-war, British and with a quasi-60's Avengers beat to it. And zeppelins! Also, people in stocks or body cages undergoing punishment but never recognized by any characters - they just walk by. It is violent (some torture) if that puts you off. I'm undecided if it's worth my buying yet another subscription.
    Yes to the Avengers (the John Steed team) vibe. It is far more Cathy Gale than Emma Peel flavor though. There's an interesting mix of upper and lower classes as well. I love Paloma Faith's version of "Make Your Own Kind of Music" and would have watched this show for that alone, but she is pretty good. Epix is part of my current plan so there's no added expense.

It is a TV MA show. There is swearing, sex, and violence. But some of the characters do have a comic book feel to them. I'd rather see this as an independent plot and not tie it in too heavily with future Batman concepts. It can (should?) stand on its own and outside of defining how Alfred gets affiliated with the Wayne family, it should shy away from other Bat-characters.

But the pilot's well worth the 75 minutes.

Astonishing Member

I am so bored of the idea to watch another redundant show like Krypton, Alfred or Gotham.