Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I'm Jumping On-board This "Rebirth" Thing!

I tried some New52 and it didn't work out (I was too far behind), but I'm getting on at the start of this one! Subbed to Batman, Deathstroke, Det. Comics, Justice League, Nightwing, and Titans! Wish me luck!

Glad to hear that, hope you enjoy what you plan on picking up.

I'm picking up Detective Comics, Nightwing, Titans, The Flash, and Green Lanterns. I also have action comics on my pull but I'm determining if I should switch it out for Superman. I'm also gonna try to pick titles like Green Arrow, Blue Beetle, and Supergirl on the side.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Dc should probably create jumping on points every year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dc should probably create jumping on points every year.
    Marvel series, and DC sometimes as well, announce when a new storyline is starting on the cover of the comic, which is basically a jumping on point. If they did that with all their ongoing series it would solve that problem.

BANNED

Problem is that jumping on point are also jumping off points, I like the stuff I'm seeing for Rebirth but I'm also seriously contemplating taking a break from comics too out of fatigue and Rebirth kinda gives me the perfect opportunity to do so.

Incredible Member

I was something of a cheerleader for the nu52 during the last days of the DC forum. This time, I'm more wary.

All I know is, "we've lost that loving feeling". A rebirth feels like a good step to getting it back.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Glad to hear that, hope you enjoy what you plan on picking up.
    Thanks! Do you think Superman is gonna be pretty good? I don't think I have ever actually read a Supes book. Think I should start?

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Thanks! Do you think Superman is gonna be pretty good? I don't think I have ever actually read a Supes book. Think I should start?
    I'm waiting for the rebirth special this week, all I know is that Peter Tomasi who wrote Batman and Robin, which I liked, will be writing this with the pre-flashpoint version of Superman and his superpowered son and his wife. If it's any good I'll try to pick it up when I can.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm waiting for the rebirth special this week, all I know is that Peter Tomasi who wrote Batman and Robin, which I liked, will be writing this with the pre-flashpoint version of Superman and his superpowered son and his wife. If it's any good I'll try to pick it up when I can.
    I haven't read any Superman either but I like the family man angle so I might give this a try as well.

Definintely picking up Green Arrow and Batgirl & the Birds of Prey. Will be checking out Wonder Woman and Superwoman.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Superman...isn't looking promising, between the "he's classic Superman taking reboot Superman's place in-universe" premise and the tepid talent attached to it. I'd actually recommend Supergirl, which has a really solid creative team on it.
    Buh-bye

Here's the Superman Rebirth #1 preview if anyone wants to read it, I created a thread over in the superman forums as well.

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...1/1100-155541/
    Words to live by.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Glad you're giving Rebirth a shot. I would start with the 80-Page special if you can get ahold of a copy. As for the books you subbed to, hope you find them enjoyable!
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

I tried some New52 and it didn't work out (I was too far behind), but I'm getting on at the start of this one! Subbed to Batman, Deathstroke, Det. Comics, Justice League, Nightwing, and Titans! Wish me luck!
    That's the spirit! Despite my reservations with the end of the one shot - I'm jumping on board with it all. I'm not subscribing to any books - I'm just going to collect the trades. Easier for me to keep up that way. I've toyed with the notion of getting all the issue ones - but it's too expensive when added up. So I'm going to get the omnibus edition that's coming out and Christmas and use the time between now and then to catch up on New 52.
    I've not read any of it yet - but I have 70+ tpbs. I've got Aquaman, Batman, Batman Eternal, Batman: The Dark Knight, Batman/Superman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice League, Shazam!, Suicide Squad, Supergirl, Superman, Superman Action Comics, Teen Titans and Wonder Woman - 2 - 7 of each. Going to complete the collection and begin reading. Might add Batman: Detective Comics and Earth 2 to that. I'll see how I feel. I think if I read all those I'll have a fair idea of what New 52 was all about so I'll be ready when DC Rebirth hits proper.
    Last edited by DCStu; 05-30-2016 at 02:49 AM.
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

ChickenStu, amazing that you've been able to hold off on the New52 by just picking up the trades, but well done for collecting them, you'll have a bit of reading to do to catch up!

For Rebirth, although I'm not a big fan of Batman, I will be getting that title, the creative team looks good...similarly I can continue collecting WW and then I'll try Detective Comics, for Batwoman, and Birds of Prey, and Green Arrow...

I won't however be touching any of the Superman or related titles because of what they've done to the character and I probably won‘t pick up Justice League, which will be a pity, after 30 years of collecting that title.

So, it's a mixed bag for me, this Rebirth thing...

Jon

One Superman waiting for another superman to come back from the dead does not sound like a jumping on point.