Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Glad you're giving Rebirth a shot. I would start with the 80-Page special if you can get ahold of a copy. As for the books you subbed to, hope you find them enjoyable!
    Is that the DC Rebirth Special?

Quote Originally Posted by klynn View Post
    Definintely picking up Green Arrow and Batgirl & the Birds of Prey. Will be checking out Wonder Woman and Superwoman.
    I would pick up the Batgirl stuff, but I'm not big on the new costume and whatnot...

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Is that the DC Rebirth Special?

Yep, thats it. The second printing will be out June 8th.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    Yep, thats it. The second printing will be out June 8th.
    Sweet! I have that en-route. Should be here by Wednesday, or so (holiday this week)...

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    I would pick up the Batgirl stuff, but I'm not big on the new costume and whatnot...
    Hey B100dwerk, you know there is going to Batgirl#1, and Birds of Prey with Batgirl, won't you jump on to Birds? It doesn't get you over the costume, but it should get away from the "on the road" Batgirl scenario in just the Batgirl title....?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    Hey B100dwerk, you know there is going to Batgirl#1, and Birds of Prey with Batgirl, won't you jump on to Birds? It doesn't get you over the costume, but it should get away from the "on the road" Batgirl scenario in just the Batgirl title....?

Jon
    I'll make you a deal: I'll try and keep an open mind and when there's a preview available I'll take a serious look at it. If it looks fun I'll add it to my pulls. How's that?

Incredible Member SplinteringHeart's Avatar

That's the spirit B100dwerk!

I enjoyed New52 Batgirl until issue #33, and like you I expect still to not be impressed with rebirthed Batgirl, but hope she'll stand up well in Birds and want to give that a try...

Regards

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by SplinteringHeart View Post
    ChickenStu, amazing that you've been able to hold off on the New52 by just picking up the trades, but well done for collecting them, you'll have a bit of reading to do to catch up!
    Yeah, it's taken me quite a while to amass the collection. I haven't started reading them yet because I wanted to wait until I had absolutely loads and the shelf was full. So that way I can completely lose myself in the world. Once the shelf is full I'm going to take a break from collecting New 52 and start picking up trades of Geoff Johns classic Green Lantern run. Always good to have a plan!
    Collects
    80's 90's Post Crisis Era
    Eaglemoss DC Graphic Novels Collection
    New 52 (discontinued)
    DC Rebirth
    DC Black Label

I'll also be jumping back in with Rebirth. When new 52 started I was buying everything digitally, and my favourite stuff in trade, then as runs from the creators I liked ended I tended to step away from the books, now I'm basically just trade waiting for titles like Batman and Grayson.

Just preordered all the (available) Rebirth specials on Comixology and treating it like a clean slate, no matter the writers (*cough* Lobdell*cough*) or artist (*cough*Brett Booth*cough*) I'm going to give every book a try.

Incredible Member

I'm typically an independent comic reader, but I'll be jumping into Rebirth as well on the strength of the DC Universe Rebirth issue.

I'll be trying out a good number of the first issues, including all the Batman family titles, both green lanterns books (though I've never read any green lantern stuff), Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, Titans, Teen Titans, Justice Legue, and Trinity. I'm not sure yet whether I will pick up any of the Superman titles, though I suppose it wouldn't kill me to pick up at least the rebirth issues of them just to see if something there interests me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dc should probably create jumping on points every year.
    They should write their stories so that they don't need rebirths and it's always a jumping on point.

I keep reading really good things about the Rebirth special, so I'm expecting it to be good. Can't wait to read it!

If dc shifts to graphic novels, every graphic novel can be a jumping on point. In the bronze age, each comic usually had a complete story so could be considered a jumping on point.